*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1591496-Happy-Birthday-Bert
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Detective · #1591496
Chapter 3 of happy birthday Bert.

Chapter Three: Natures Beauty


It was like every other morning except unlike every other morning Bebe wasn’t there to make my breakfast (plus it was 4:00 a.m.), I mean I can cook for my self, but you kind of get use to some things. It was 4:30 by the time I had finished my breakfast and finished getting dressed; it was just so exiting to be opening the park by my self for the first time. I really wish Bebe was here to wish me luck, but I can’t let that put a damper on my day I thought as I entered the garage, were my vintage 1987 Dodge Aspen was awaiting my arrival. After 5 minutes of loving “prodding ” the car finally started and I was on my way to work. About 10 minutes into my trip the radio finally sprang to life and to my delight it happened to be playing the best song ever by the best band ever, “Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world. She took the midnight train Going anywhere.” After a few more minutes of singing along with journey I arrived at Sternwards Park to begin my first day as a full-fledged park ranger.

Wow it’s brisk out here I though as I locked my car and headed toward the ranger station. It was then that I noticed there were tire tracks in the mud; they were far too large to have been made by a bike or even an ATV. It was probably those neighbor hood hooligans again, those kids and their pranks. Well I can’t stand around worrying about some misguided youths cries for attention I have a park to open I thought as I continued up the hill. Once I had reached the crest of the hill I saw the black outline of what appeared to be a person laying up against the station door. It’s probably just Professor Patches sleeping of some gin; I just hope I don’t have to call the police on him this time. Hey Professor Patches, it’s time to get up. Come on Patches, l don’t make me call the cops…OH MY GOD!

I don’t really remember calling the police or even when they arrived on the scene for that matter, all I remember sitting on the curb describing how I found the body to Detective Mendez.

Describe what you were doing when you found the victim. Detective Mendez said as he pulled a pad and paper out of his trench coat.

Well I was just walking up the hill and…..and I….

Take your time Mr. Dowel; I’m not in any hurry. He said in a calm voice.

Well I was walking up the hill and I saw a black outline, at first I though it wars Professor Patches but…
Professor Patches? He asked.

Oh, he’s a hobo that occasionally sleeps in the park, but once I got closer I realized that it was Bebe and that she was…dead. I said trying to hold back the tears. I just don’t know what she would be doing here so early.

She wasn’t killed here. He said as he scribbled something down on his note pad.

What do you mean? I asked puzzled

Well it appears that she was a victim of a hit and run and some how her body was placed her here, possibly in an attempt to mislead us. Can you think of any one that would have had the motivation to have killed her and leave her body here? He asked as he placed his note pad in his coats inner pocket.

Not really. She was such a kind and caring person; I have no idea who would have wanted to kill her. Though her ex-boyfriend Tad Handerson did act a little weird when I ran into him yesterday.

Really, were can I find this Tad. He asked inquisitively.

Well he lives on 1435 Maples Tories Blv, but I don’t think he would have done this. I replied.

I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t ask him a few questions. He said as he returned to his cruiser.
© Copyright 2009 Imperial (imperial_guard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1591496-Happy-Birthday-Bert