*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1577645-The-Flame-in-my-Darkness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1577645
lost in thought
After every spear that's pierced my heart, and every bandage that's come unraveled. You stand before the darkness the lit flame that keeps it at bay. The corridors I've traveled in the blackness of my heart begin to fill with warmth that can come from only one such place. My equal and opposite. You carry the breath of life back into my lungs. Branches from a two hundred year old oak claws at the air fighting to survive. It's shadow eclipses us as we embrace each other holding on for the lifetime we have always wanted. The sight is unimaginable, the flame that has lit the way for a new life for the two of us, and me, the void of darkness and despair. As with any other void, it sits and wait for something to fill the empty spaces created by time and gravity. Your flame burns into my void like a wild fire. The darkness lights up and despair turns to a new hope. Ice that has wrapped me in a cocoon of time begins to crack and melt. Steam lifts off my body from the warmth you have given me. My flesh, that's never seen the light of day, glows white then browns out. My eyes that have been iced over for the length of my life, crack open. My entire body shakes and the rest of the chilled ice bust into stardust and floats slowly and softly to the ground. Our hands meet and we hold each other like there is no tomorrow. Days have disappeared since we met, the fabric of time is nothing more than an endless road to the ends of our lives. Time means nothing to me anymore hours turn to days in my mind and minutes to hours. Embracing you is the only thing I know anymore and the only thing I can remember. Purpose has flashed before my eyes and the flame that now lives in my heart spreads my wings and like a Phoenix from the ashes we rise together and move on to a life that was worth waiting for.
© Copyright 2009 Grim Citadel (grim_citadel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1577645-The-Flame-in-my-Darkness