*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517907-The-Adventures-of-Pearl
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1517907
Short stories about our pet cow !
                  The Day We Rode to the Lake and Back
   
  It was a blue sunny sky with a few whisps of clouds when my girlfriend and I rolled out of bed at ten. We had a quick lunch because we had planned to go riding, like we had been doing for the last week or so. It was the summer holidays and I wanted to make the most of it, for the summers are short and the winters long in this north country.
  The horses were out in the pasture grazing, so we ran out to get them.Rachelle and I were going to start saddling up.When my mom came by and noticed that the horse, Rachelle was going to ride was getting a saddle sore.This horses skin was white making it prone to rubbing and chafing by the bit and rigging.
  My Mom stated,"You can't ride her today, It'll be next week sometime before you can ride her!" We both wanted to go riding that day,it was such a beautiful day.I was so disappointed, but then Mom said "why don't you ride the pet cows to the lake,
it's only two miles anyway.
  Rachelle was afraid, she had never rode a cow before, but I assured her it would be ok.So we went and caught the two cows. I saddled them up. My mom held the one cow Pearl, so my girlfriend could get on. I got on the other one, she has a mind of her own and she didn't want to leave the yard, but after we got going she was ok.
  We had just got part way to the lake when some tourists stopped and wanted to take our pictures.More than one car stopped to talk to us and many honked and waved. We rode to the lake and a little bit passed. We stopped for a break at the lake before riding back home,one more car stopped to take our picture on the way back. It turned out to be a wonderful day and I was so very happy.My pet Pearl had been so nice to Rachelle, because she had never rode on a cow before! 
         
                By Opal Caven
© Copyright 2009 Opal Caven (wildhorsecandy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517907-The-Adventures-of-Pearl