*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501787-home
Rated: · Other · Other · #1501787
how much we miss home once we start staying away from it
This question is for all those people who live away from their home/city/state/country...what is the first thing you do the moment you step inside your house? Do you enter your old room which now serves the purpose of a guest room; do you enter the kitchen to taste a familiar flavor of a home cooked meal? Or do you just dump your luggage on the floor and sink in the comforts of your drawing room sofa ( where you have read your favorite stories, thought of your friends, crushes, the movies you want to watch or just the music you want to listen…). Do you quickly plan when you are going to meet your diaper-buddies and when you are going to visit your favorite library or your dear old school? Do the small changes in the house bother you like your younger sister’s books on your study table or the old placement of your room bed? I am sure you do and it is one of the things which make you realize that it’s no longer a part of your regular life. Throughout our childhood we think of places we want to go to and explore… the places we want our future homes to be or the places which would be a perfect setting for our pre-planned dreams. But can anything be as perfect as the home where you have spent more than a quarter of your lifetime, where you made many small mistakes and eventually learn from them. Do you remember the cupboard you hid in while playing hide and seek and everyone forgot about you? (And you got to know later that your sister knew about it all the time…hmpf!) or grinned at the mirror you have spent hours in front of pretending to be a bollywood star?…the desire to grow and follow your dreams every time you stepped outside your home was enough to boost the young confidence whether you were going to play new games with friends or you were meeting a friend to discuss exam questions.

I know what I like to do when I go back home.. update my mom on my life, help her in cooking food or simply admire her beauty while she is cooking for me..hehe.., tell her how much I missed her, watch lots and lots of TV while eating my favorite snacks from the nearby local store and then sleep…sleep till late in the morning the next day and for a moment live in the illusion that I have been transported back in time and have missed a day of my school simply out of sheer laziness..hmmm…
© Copyright 2008 thoughtsunleased (fragrance4u at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1501787-home