*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1483462-Writers-Cache-Lesson-2
Rated: · Assignment · Other · #1483462
Character Development
Name: Justin Metcalf

Age: 19

Height: 5'11"

Eye color: Brown

Hair color: Brown

What is this character's major goal? To find their place and way in life and to do it their own way, to be someone that people can respect and look up to

Why is this goal so important to this character? He feels that people don't understand him and what he wants and try to mold him into what they want instead

Are there any events in the character's past that affect the significance of this goal? His parents have always tried to make him into another replica of his overachieving older sister

Describe your characters life till now, motivations, family situation, pet peeves--anything that comes to you, in the rest of this space. Justin's always felt like he's lived in his sister's shadow, that people overlook him and dismiss his talents and abilities as "nice hobbies". He's told he needs to "get his head out of the clouds" and "just try harder".



Justin changed into his suit and stalked out of the dressing rooms and stood by the pool, replaying the evening in his head. He should have known it would have been like that. It always was. Was it too much to ask that his family accept that he wasn't Jen and leave it at that? He pushed his hair out of his eyes and dove into the cool water. Instantly he could feel the night washing away as he propelled his body through the water. Here at least he didn't feel like the world was shoving him in ways he didn't want to go. He swam, lap after lap, letting the water soothe his mind. Even after his body started to ache and his lungs burn he pushed farther and faster, forcing himself to keep swimming until the dinner and subsequent conversations were all but gone.
© Copyright 2008 E. Smith (easmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1483462-Writers-Cache-Lesson-2