*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1480605-Leaving-For-The-Week
by NinaC
Rated: · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1480605
Lexi's boyfriend,Matthew,is leaving for the week to hunt,but how can she let him go?
         "I'll miss you." He murmured, stroking my cheek with the back of his hand.
         I tightened my arms, wrapped around his body, and pulled him closer. My tears fell on his shoulder. What would I do without him? He was my life, my world. I couldn't stand a second away from him, how could I survive a week? Surley I'd die sooner than watch him drive off with his brothers.
         "Don't worry, Lex, I'll be back soon. It's only a week, and I won't have to leave again for a while, I promise." He whispered, burying his wintry face in my hair.
         I could feel his breath on my scalp, his sweet breath fragrancing the air around me.
         "Please, don't go!" I begged, my voice a desperate whisper."I don't think I'll live if you're gone."
         "I'll be back soon, love." His arms tightened around my waist. My bed was small, but it fit us both snugly, forcing him closer to me. I remembered hating my bed before I'd met him, now I couldn't remember why. The lack of space forced him closer to me and if it had been bigger, he mght have tried to give me some space, to be a gentleman, to keep me away from his deathly temptation to dig his teeth into my neck. That was the reason he was leaving, to hunt. It was the first time he'd be leaving since he started coming over and spending the nights, climbing in through my window the minute my father's breathing grew deep and even. I wished he would never leave, but I always knew he'd have to. There was no way to avoid fulfilling his craving. Of course he didn't drink human blood, he valued the lives of my kind too much to kill us for his thirst, a thirst he dreaded every second it tortured him. He'd been drinking animal's for centuries, four to be exact. And thought he'd seen much in his lifetime, he said I was the most beautiful thing in the world.
         "It's not the same without you." I muttered, tears in my voice at the thought of him leaving, something I'd been thinking about since he'd told me three days before.
         He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "You haven't tried being away from me to know that." He countered gently, careful to keep his voice light.
         "Please," I begged. "Be careful. I want to see you in one piece when you get back."
         He chuckled again, the sound more throaty this time, making my heart speed. "I'm always careful." He objected, but the sparkle in his eyes told me he wasn't. "But, if it makes you feel better, I promise. Even if I wasn't careful, no bear claw of wolf's teeth could hurt me."
         I stroked his bare back. He'd taken his shirt off, as he usually did, and his marble skin was cool on my palms. Of course they couldn't hurt him, his skin was more protective than bullet-proof glass or the finest steel. Yet, somehow, it remained more beautiful than the first snow flakes of winter--and much, much colder.
         "I love you, Matthew." I whispered, kissing the base of his neck. Oh, how I would miss the marble coolness of his skin for the week. But he needed to hunt, to take away the burning pain in his throat.
         He smiled and used his index finger to pull my chin up. "I love you, too, Lexi." He murmured and pressed his cool lips to mine.
         I'd never been to heaven, but this is what I imagined it would be like, glorious, and never ending. But, at the same time, it seemed worse than hell, because he had to leave, though I knew he'd be back. I just hated the thought of him gone.
         Our lips moved together gently, never going too far, always careful to keep him in control. I knew he had to fight to keep from killing me, but I couldn't help wishing he would let me go a bit farther, and maybe go a bit farther himself.... Of course, I wasn't completley insane, I feared the consequences if I went too far, which is why I never tried to purposfully, but sometimes my body raced ahead of my mind, making the mistake before I coudl catch it. When that happened, Matthew always helped, restraining me, and his thirst, before either could get out of hand.
         I decided to go just a teensy bit farther, hoping that because he was leaving he might let me do something to make sure he came back to the disappointment that waited for him.
         Matthew froze and put his hands on the side of my face pulling my head back to accuse my teasingly with his onyx eyes. It only took him a moment before the temptation to kiss me overpowered his hopes of restraining me, and his lips were back on mine, still soft, still cold.
         A soft knock on the window forced him away from me, but the hunger in his eyes, and not one for any type of blood, told me he regretted the action.
         "Matthew!" Herith hissed in the darkness outside of my window, his white skin shining the moonlight, and his red hair darkened by the shadows. His eyes were as black as coal, just like Matthew's, due to hunger though I knew he'd hunted two weeks before, a week after Matthew had started staying nights.
         "Ugh!" I groaned, clutching Matthew closer. I didn't want him to leave. Not now, not ever, but I knew it was best for him to satisfy the thirst. The more satisfied it was, the better. He'd be able to resist that way.
         He chuckled and undid my arms from around him, forcing me to le thim go. "I'll be back soon, and I'll call you every day." He murmured and kissed me softly, lightly, but only for a moment before pulling away and putting his shirt on at an inhuman speed.
         I watched him open the window, blow me a kiss, his black hair lit up in the moonlight, and disapearing, having jumped out the window too quickly for me to have seen it.
         I sighed. He was gone. But he would be back.
© Copyright 2008 NinaC (ninac at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1480605-Leaving-For-The-Week