*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1475385-None-Really
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1475385
This is nothing right now, but I haven't started yet.




I have been trying for three months now to find a better job in my area.  It seems that I have been out of the loop longer than I imagined.  I did not realize how difficult it would be.  It seems everyone nowadays has the right to look up our personal histories and credit background.  I do not see how that is fair to the general populace, since those of us seeking jobs are not allowed the same courtesy from our possible employers.  Sure, there is always the Better Business Bureau, but who has the time to research companies while actively seeking employment?

I guess the bottom line is that I am extremely frustrated with todays' economic lag, coupled with the increasing desire to segregate and alienate people who have made mistakes.  Where has the humanity of our country gone?  Are we not supposed to be the land of opportunity?  I tend to think we are the ;land of opportunity for those who were not born here.  We are the land of opportunity to any alien nation who wants to better themselves by sending those hungry, lost hordes to us.  I find that it is the aliens and immigrants who are afforded the conveniences of our modern government, such as jobs. 

Why should those of us born here, National Citizens, be swept to the side?  Does our nation have to feign acceptability to make up for past retributions against other countries?  Does our nation feel compelled to cater to other nations because of guilt of capitalism?  Is there an answer?
© Copyright 2008 Phares Bean (mphares at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1475385-None-Really