*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1443211-Weekend-Travel
by anand
Rated: E · Other · Relationship · #1443211
Weekend travel with one of my good friends Soumya...
Soumya and I woke up at 5:00 a.m. in the morning. We have to catch the train scheduled to depart at 6:00 a.m.
We got ready to depart and we reached station by auto at 5:40, 20 minutes earlier than the time of departure.
Just then the timing board caught our attention which broadcasts the latest times of arrival of diferent trains.
Our train was late by two and a half hours. We were obviously dissapointed. We soon started to maunder about our college days
and the days spent at Infosys. After sometime we felt hungry. We filled our bellies in a relay fashion in a nearby restaurant.
As we were discussing various issues, interesting and non-interesting, i just managed to portend that the train will be late by 2 hours more
much to the chagrin of Soumya.  We went into the platform and took our seats. Soumya listened to his songs and i started reading a magazine.
The train did not delay any furthur and it arrived at 10:30 a.m. We boarded the train and we headed for Kolkata. After some chatting, we fell asleep.
As the weather got hotter, our sleep got disturbed. We woke up a lot fresher. We discussed our past experiences, our future plans, and time just flew away.
As we reached Shalimar, Soumya's elder brother received us. His elder brother dropped me to a convenient place from where my home was not far away.
I managed to get hold of an auto and headed home. Suddenly I realized that this could be my last journey with Soumya. Soumya has left Bhubaneswar and
is going to study management for next two years. Who knows, when we will see each other again?....
I then tried to recollect how many friends I have made and then I don't have contact with them anymore. The figures just kept mounting. Amazing.
Relationships are probably like lives. Good beginnings bring about sad ends. Lovely beginnings lead to painful ends. A cycle just continues.
But probably the best feelings one has regarding friendship are when one meets an old friend because one has already experienced the sadness
of ending  with the old friend, so  one will remain phlegmatic about the impending separation and thereof.
© Copyright 2008 anand (supra1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1443211-Weekend-Travel