*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436273-Life-after-Her
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1436273
A creature of darkness has lost the only one he cared about..and wishes for her.
Korhal sat deep within the Obisdian fortress he had spent so many years building. All those years spent keeping the rest from him, and all it ended up doing was keeping her from him.

He leaned his head back upon the large throne within his keep, and stared through the windows of the room. The view was nothing but a dark sea, and a shoreline so distant it seemed nothing but a thin line upon the horizon.

Yet, through all that he could still hear and see her. All the years spent ignoring the truth. Years spent attending to other women...always trying to project an image that was not his own. She knew it, always had. She had called him on it too many times to count. Of course, Korhal had denied such accusations....but she still knew.

And now, through all that had happened...he wished so much for her to be near him. Wishing he could feel her, smell her...run his hand down her cheek.

A small servant entered his room and muttered soft words.

Korhal sighed and simply waved the servant away. Yet another intruder had attempted to land upon his island and enter his stronghold. Korhal sat silently staring out through the window, searching for her mind...hoping that he might contact her for at least one brief moment.

Finding nothing, he stood up and left his room...and entered into the near complete darkness of the rest of the stronghold and the area surrounding the island. Korhal had business he had to once again put her on hold to attend to..
© Copyright 2008 ColdHeart (coldheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436273-Life-after-Her