*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434525-Daddy-Help-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by sammy
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Family · #1434525
No way as long as a novel.This story's based around a girl's life who has lost her dad.
Daddy. You promised me the world. You promised to never leave my side. You promised me greatness. You told me their was a big world out there to discover and you told me you'd help me. You said you'd always be there for me, too look after me, protect me, shelter me. Why did you leave me? Why am I alone daddy, with all these flashing lights and strangers in my face, telling me every thing was going to be okay? Where did you go Daddy?

Years On

Daddy, I think I'm cursed. It's happened again. They've started calling me the Angel of Death. They don't touch me. When they look at me they look over my shoulder. When they talk to me they can't keep eye contact. They think I'm a monster Daddy. They're scared of me and I'm all alone. Nobody wants me. Nobody loves me. You loved me daddy, didn't you? You used to call me Princess and let me ride on your big shoulders. I miss you daddy. I know you can't come back but I wish you'd never left me? Why didn't you take me with you daddy?


Fourteen-year-old Emma Harris wiped the large salty tears off her cheeks and stored the white piece of paper in the red file named 2007.

She looked out the window in front of her and stared at the tiny people below her. How she wished she could be them, with nothing to worry about but what they were going to do tonight or tomorrow.

Emma closed her eyes telling herself to be thankful for the fact that she had a roof over her head and a bed. There were people out there who had a lot less than she did. Crossing her room she travelled to the white door which barely hung of its hinges. She opened it slowly and walked across the hallway to the small bathroom that only held a toilet and bath. Closing the door behind her, she stared at her face, looking into the full-length mirror that hung off the back of the door.

Her brown hair hung centimetres below her shoulder in curls and her hazel eyes were red and puffy with crying. She'd have to wash her face, it was obvious she'd been crying there were even tear stains on her cheeks. She looked at the rest of her 5 ft body and realised she wasn't anything special. She'd blend in a crowd, she wouldn't stand out. She was your everyday typical teenager. The only thing that set her out from others was the fact that she still hadn't come to terms with the death/ disappearance of her father. After seven years of writing Emma still didn't understand why'd he left her in this good forsaken place.

Turning around Emma grabbed the greasy cold water tap twisting it to the right to allow the flow of water to gush out. She cupped her hands together splashing the cold water onto her face and scrubbing at her cheeks.

It wasn't until after she finished drying her face that Emma heard loud footsteps enter the hallway. Stepping away from the door she prayed that whoever it was would keep walking and not notice the light coming out from under the doorway.

"Who's in here?" Asked a male gruff voice. Emma took a large step back terrified as he continued to rattle the doorknob. "Emma. Emma is that you?" She could tell he was grinning even though she couldn't see him. What was she to do? Sleep her for the night? Or hope he was in a good mood and...and.
© Copyright 2008 sammy (sammyz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1434525-Daddy-Help-Me