*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1391245-Two-Bits-of-Silver--a-Mouthful-of-Lies
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Drama · #1391245
A true story based on the lives of our dysfunctional family.
This is the story of a family. One father, one mother and two children. Seemingly, a typical average family, but if you looked closer, there was something else…..possibly something was not quite right. I have decided to approach this belles-let·tres from my perspective. BELLES-LETTRES - [bel-le-truh]
1.literature regarded as a fine art, esp. as having a purely aesthetic function.
2. Light and elegant literature, esp. that which is excessively refined, characterized by aestheticism, and minor in subject, substance, or scope.

I have changed the names of those whose permission I did not request. So…if you at sometime have fallen into our lives and want to know what really happened, then you’ll have to read the book…………


The cotton balls were beginning to slowly leak. Cali cried out at every turn the Jeep Liberty made. Not because she was in pain, but because the silicon that had just been injected into her booty, could possibly be leaking out.

At that moment, and for the last six months, that was all Cali cared about. She had already gone through her entire savings for these injections. She may have spent over $8000. She longed for the biggest and shapeliest booty available. The best money can buy.

Waiting for the traffic light to change, I thought of all the parents who had children addicted to drugs. I also wondered if any had children strung out on these injections of slime. It has been rumored the material is sometimes processed from motor oil. I got Cali to her apartment, fed her and got her settled.

I didn’t see her for awhile after that. Of course I wouldn’t, I’m sure, not until she needed something. I have come to believe Cali is a human energy vampire. No ghost or spooky stuff. This is a real thing and many of you know what I’m talking about. They are out there. There just might be one out there draining you of your life source as you read this. Most of course, never realize this. It's a deep spiritual thing and they just don't see it. It is, after all, part of their survival. They can drain you by just being in their presence. Take one out shopping for the day, and you will sleep for three.

Then I also believe there are those who do know and take advantage of this curse and they will turn your world upside down. However, have no fear, you’ll never need a wooden stake or a silver bullet, just stop doing and giving and eventually they just go away.

So then you realize that you miss that person tremendously. Cali is, and will always be a very complicated, confused and misunderstood young woman. Nevertheless, at the same time Cali is a wonderful person. A diamond in the rough and I love her dearly. I thank God for her. She’s my child, my baby girl, for as long as God will share her with me.

My soul feels like its being stripped from the very grip that once could have saved me. What then? I guess it all just somehow rolls up into a ball.......and rolls along quite nicely.

A young couple is huddled together at the end of the bar laughing quietly. They won’t be any trouble, but the old Hispanic guy was another story. The more he drank, the less English he could speak. Tay knew that once again he would have to deal with him at closing time.

Tay had always been the most grounded of our family. Even at the worst of times, he would always seem to have it together.

Tay is my son and three years older than Cali. They are as different as night and day. Although Tay is much like his daddy in many ways, he looks more like me. Tall and thin and too cool for his own damn good.

Now Cali looks as though she were spit out of her father's mouth, but on the down side, she is really more like me in side, with an aching heart, carrying around more demons than I. Actually, I believe we have all become a part of each other. It must be a family thing.

Now, close your eyes, turn around three times and quickly throw a star over your left shoulder into the sky, and wherever it lands, that is where I will start this story.


She was really hooked on fortune tellers. She could have been hooked forever, but I really believe, it was sometime when I was a small child. I have no brothers or sisters. In fact, really no relatives at all. So therefore, there is no validation of anything for me, either way. It has always been a mystery to me.

Now these were not the typical roadside psychics with a picture of a palm painted on the side of their trailer. No, these were people with plenty of money and they all worked out of their homes. Rarely would they come to your house unless you had a tarot card or tea leaf reading party or something that would some how justify what they charge for a house call.

And they were every where. She would sometimes drag me along for company and drive 100 miles or more. This was usually done shortly after one of her crystal ball gazing cronies that lived closer would tell her something she did not like. Like, “He will never leave his wife and children to marry you“. She was willing to drive farther and pay more money to hear for the 729th time, that he was.

I never did see him. She never would let me. He was supposedly an important cop, somewhere close to the top of the totem pole. He was also a devout catholic and the father of two young children. He did not believe in divorce. Apparently, he must have had a spiritual blackout every time he banged her. Because the affair lasted for 15 years. She never stopped waiting. Then one day he just died and left everyone.

I was always having to leave the house. Day time, night time, any time. Always without notice. One night I had no where to go. She threw the phone out on the porch and locked the door. I know now that she blames me that he didn’t divorce his family to marry her.

I believe that is when the curses started.
© Copyright 2008 Sharona (sharonadeveney at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1391245-Two-Bits-of-Silver--a-Mouthful-of-Lies