*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1390691-Exactly-Like-That
Rated: · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1390691
They come from different worlds for a silly project. RickxLayla
It was a hot day in Arizona and Rick was stuck with the weirdest girl in his class. How this happened was a complete mystery to him.

They weren't seriously close...But on the other hand, he was always looking at her. He always wanted to talk to her and here was his moment.

He had all these questions for her.

She was a short thick black haired girl with dazzling purple eyes. The school uniform that she would usually wear was missing that day and had been replaced with a loose jean skirt and a white tank top. She didn't look like a weirdo. She was labeled the weirdo in the 6th grade, before that, she was one of those girls that everyone liked. Her father was the coolest guy in the world and the reason every parent went to parents' day. Then one day out of nowhere every news station was  busy reporting about her father going to the hospital because he hadn't been taking his AIDS medication.

Yes, AIDS. He had AIDS. The coolest guy in the world instantly became the one guy everyone wanted to avoid. Everyone avoided her simply because that meant that either she had AIDS as well or her father cheated on her mother.

A few weeks later she screamed a group of people that her father hadn't cheated on her mother and that they both had AIDS.

Within the year all her friends had stopped being her friends. That year, her mother also died and a few months later her father turned into a drunk loser that was yelling and screaming at everyone. So when she started a fight at school the following year, no one was surprised.

"It happens, its not a big deal." She said as she began to mess with her cell phone once again.

"Yeah, still" He started.

"I know. If I want to talk about it, I can go to you" She said, obviously not paying much attention to him or at least appearing to not be.

Him on the other hand, he was an average guy with a talent for playing the guitar. That was all there was to him. No long back story, no horrible accident, nothing. He was normal. His dark blond hair was common in the area, as was his dark tan. Maybe the oddest thing was his height. He was the second tallest person at the school at 6'5. His father was the principle of the high school causing him to be labeled the kid never to be invited to a party or the no fun guy. Girls didn't go out with him, he didn't do anything that his father wouldn't approve of.

There were only a few things that were on the list, "What dad doesn't know, won't hurt him."

He dark green cargo shorts went a bit lower then his knees as his blue shirt was covered by a short sleeve white button up. It was casual, what else could be said?
They were both quiet, the sound of Rick's shoes scratching the ground and Layla's cell phone beeping with each button she pressed.

Finally Rick's mouth opened and he made sure that she wasn't looking at him. "So like do you like have AIDS?" That came out wrong.

Layla froze, her eyes moving to in front of her from the cell screen for a moment before continuing on towards his house. "No I don't." She answered.

He almost wasn't sure if she was telling the truth or not. "Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"Why should I tell anyone? If you have AIDS or not shouldn't change what someone thinks of you since it doesn't make you who you are." She explained.

It seemed so obvious, right then, right now. And he didn't really know what to say. "So then doesn't that mean you can have a boyfriend and stuff?" He had heard about a senior who had asked her out when she was only in 8th grade. He told her that he didn't care about her past or her dad and instead he loved her for who she was.

"Yeah, I can but I have to find the right guy first." She answered.

She had turned the guy down...He was one of the stars on the football team so that didn't help make her high school life any easier.

"Whats the right guy like?"

She glanced up at him "not you."

He snorted, looking away from her. "Whoever said I was talking about myself?!"

Then at that point he froze, swearing that he heard her mumble, "You're the right guy."

He wasn't sure if he had heard right, maybe his mind was messing with him. "Well, theres one way to find out."

He turned to look at her, noticing the light blush that was across her face. Then without any warning he leaned down and pressed his lips against hers.
Her cell phone crashed to the ground. Before she had even fully realized what was happening he had already pulled away and continued on ahead of her.

She just stood there, lost. "Rick! Why did you just kiss me?!" She yelled, kicking him in the shin and forcing him to stop. "I kissed you?! I don't remember that happening..." He said, the blush had already faded from his face but still clear across hers.

"Yeah you did, you leaned in and pressed your lips" she had to stand on her tippy toes to kiss him but proving her point was possible in this case. "Just like that..."

He grinned, feeling like a kid who had just gotten a free gum ball from the machine. "So I leaned down" he followed how he had been instructed, his voice becoming quieter as he barely spoke. His nose barely touched hers as she stared into his deep amber eyes "And kissed you?" Seconds after he said that, he kissed her, this time the kiss seemed to deepen with feelings as it was like something you'd see in a tv show drama.

"Like that?" He asked, his smile noticeable in his eyes.

"Exactly like that." She answered, wrapping her arms around his neck.
© Copyright 2008 AMElric (alexyasha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1390691-Exactly-Like-That