*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1347210-a-publishing-for-my-Mandy-Wasserman-
Rated: · Other · Other · #1347210
essay written for my english 11 class. Dedicated to my one and only Mandy Wasserman
*Dedicated to my one and only Mandy Wasserman*


         It’s the 19th century here in the great United States of America and I find myself in a position where I feel as though I’ve been almost reanimated or reborn.  Our country, founded on July 4th, 1776, has succeeded in it’s revolt against Great Britain almost a hundred years have gone by since the Revolutionary War between the British and us American Radicals.  We are now free and our rights and liberties have been preserved and held close to our hearts.  I feel as though we are full of prospect and that we can accomplish so much as a new country of liberty and happiness.  As I look at our new laws and struggle to come to the reality that our country, standing so vast and prodigious, is no longer a dream but a reality.  So much potential in these fertile lands we reside in.  I, a citizen, an American, have many prospects that I would like to see fulfilled in our countries future, be it near or far.
         Equality is a word meaning “the state of being equal and correspondence in quantity, degree, value, rank, or ability” (www.dictionary.com). This is a major aspect of our country that we struggle with today and it seems as though there is no hope for its future.  However, I believe that someday events so appalling and daunting will occur and will cause our species to re-examine our surroundings and the way we treat others.  Society as a whole will have a sweeping epiphany, shaking the face of humanity and our existence forever.
         To say that this kind of event will happen in the near future is almost foolish.  As technology advances and our post-industrialistic society advances in science, medicine, and warfare we will slowly start to realize that as time goes on events so horrifying and inhumane will become more prevalent and widely accepted.  Rapidly deteriorating norms of our society could very well cause the end of our existence as these events unfold and slowly tear us apart and break us down.  This is where I will leave my final question for readers.  What can you do to prevent the end of the world? (Evil Laugh).  It seems that we all want to change the world somehow and in my generation it seems almost impossible.  My only hope is that somewhere, someday a sudden realism will be brought upon us and we will be saved.
© Copyright 2007 Ethan Schaefer (ethanschaefer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1347210-a-publishing-for-my-Mandy-Wasserman-