*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1344174-The-Tragedy-of-Lost-Facts
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1344174
This is fill of twist and turns, about twin girls who hunt a town.
            "If you shall take this candle from my hands, I shall take hold of the gasoline," Josaline spoke these words kindly to Janiel who responded with, "and we shall make our way up to FlowerField Manor and light the night with the unforgettable tales of when the blazing angel of fire collided with death in holy matrimony." With this they took off into the night with the grace of an angel making no means to cover their path, for no one shall begin to look in the forest when a house is on fire. Instead they swiftly ran weaving and intertwining their mark between the trees. Oh, how their sweet little voices flittered the air as Josaline began to sing the most loveliest song of all but stopped when her sister's voice did not ring the air with hers. Josaline's heart began to race and her breath became an icy mist. She started madly turning here, then there, bumping into the trees, tripping over branches as she chanted, "Janiel my soul where hath thou gone, Janiel my love why thee hide within Ocean Forest?" Repeatedly she spoke this phase for she could not do the job without the candle, without her other half. Finally when Janiel's scent vanished away, flowing with the last breeze of air, Josaline fell and held her knees to her chest and suddenly turned into a normal, frightened, five year old girl. Tears watered the ground, sinking to the roots of the trees for the twins separation spared many people of their death. While Josaline's final breath caught the wind she spoke these last, weary, child-like words, "Where hath thou Janiel, my love, my life, my soul, gone? Who hath murdered her, casting me to my untimely death?" With that, all the toxins that hung in the air, that crawled their way a- crossed the forest floor began to sink into her once more and all life in the forest was restored.
         No one looked for the twins, for in the eyes of the people who lived in Shineville they were nothing more than the source of destruction, also the center of all problems and not a single soul sheded a tear over their disappearance. As the days grew to months the twins decayed within the forest without a headstone, without one simple prayer in their name, there was nothing to mark their death or life.
          The question that should have been asked and looked upon was, where they really dead? Sadly this was a question that only the FlowerFields asked themselves every morning out of fear. Mr. FlowerField tossed and turned beneath the fluffy covers on his king size bed and next to him his wife laid. Let me tell you, she had no more guts than he for she laid stiff and motionless, looking like a rock with eyes that were open so wide you'd think they'd burst into flames. You should have seen all the doctors that walked into that Manor hoping to find a cure, just to be chased out with terror and despair, set so greatly within them that they could not speak. Seeing this, the townspeople huddled in corners and they became so gutless that instead of going to see what had drove these doctors into madness, they made up rumors! Ha! These rumors where so unbelievably wild because they where based upon Josaline's and Janiel's ghost. I must say to you now that the things a person's mind can do is amazing, for there is nothing more than lost facts that lay within this little town. The most hilarious fact of all was that the twins were dead as door frames. Unfortunately for Doctor Freedrop, crazies had to keep going around with their heads low, whimpering, "It was all too good to be true." The gorgeous Doctor Freedrop could not stand all their absurd behaviors, so on May 31st he decided to take the matter into his own hands and hold a town meeting.
         "The FlowerField's sleep deprivation sent them into a downward spiral of insomnia, causing them to go insane before death," was the only statement that Doctor Freedrop said that didn't fly in one ear and out the other of the spineless townspeople. All of them just sat there dumbstruck with bewilderment deeply set in their eyes as they watched the courageous doctor head towards Ocean Forest to begin his journey to FlowerField Manor.          As he made his way though the forest he couldn't help but notice the thick smell of rotten body lingering in the air, it was so ghastly that he broke into a sprint not watching which way he was heading. He found himself plunging face first to the forest floor while a gun shot string through the air. Quickly he scrambled to his feet, froze with panic for what laid under his feet was not ground and he dared not move to see were the gun shot came from. He found himself standing in that spot for all of time, letting fear suck out his life. This was such a great shame to see for he was truly the bravest out of all the townspeople.
         With everyday that the doctor did not return, the people of Shineville became increasing skid-dish. It only took a matter of weeks before they were so fearstucken that they hid in their houses at dusk and traveled during daylight hours in groups of five or more. The weakest ones fled Shineville taking their children with them. It was funny to see, that even though they were at least a million miles away the memories still lingered, causing the fatal illness called madness. Which resulted in the brutal murder of their kids before ending their own lives.
         I'm so very sorry that I must tell you that, the ones who stayed did not endure much better, they all went insane because visions of the twins hunted their insides, while the twins crawled through their dreams. The worst of it all was the two loving Five year old Sunlet twins who snapped and curled at the ends like broken guitar strings in a matter of days. I wept as I watched them become the very essence of Josaline and Janiel, for they had no other children to play with. At all hours you could find them running around making a mockery of town. The saddest mind blowing thing is that still no one turned their concern to the Sunlet twins and the more their acts went unnoticed the more distraught they became.
         It was all too late when I found out that they were far too gone for on July 4th I couldn't believe my eyes as I watched them from afar. Hand motions and all,  they were speaking to the air. I know that I am not mad for there was nothing there. Than gracefully turning to look into each others eyes they spoke in a whisper so soft that not even a mouse could understand what they were contemplating. Than to my amazement they busted out into an uncontrollable laughter as one grabbed hold of gasoline and handed the other a candle. House after house went up in a fiery blaze as I creped up to have a closer look. I swear my ears were deceiving me for I know I am not mad! It was the most loveliest song of all, the song Josaline started but never finshed, for I snatched Janiel by clamping my hand over her little pink lips so she couldn't get out the slightest whimper before I jabbed my knife through her sadistic brain. You can not label me a murder for I was only doing what was best for Shineville. After this the town went crazy but you can not say it was my fault, for I tried my damnedest to stop it. Than I only drove a bullet into the mad driven FlowerFields to end the contagious disease of insanity, it was the town who didn't hold onto the facts, but Oh, it was not me for after all the town drove themselves mad.
         Now I shall hear this wonderful, this lovely song for the ringing of the Sunlets sweet child like voices have captivated all of me. I sat there eyes blank of all worry, restrained by the words of the song as I watched them walk right up to me. Letting them get to me and this is my fault for I just sat there like a loyal lost puppy until black was all I could see. Until four soft angelic voices was all I could hear.


© Copyright 2007 lofallingve (gandervelt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1344174-The-Tragedy-of-Lost-Facts