*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1338833-The-New-Skates
Rated: · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1338833
It is about a kid who gets a new pair of skates and doesen't exactly know how to use them.
Hi, my name is Fred, and this is my story about my new pair of skates.
It was my birthday and I asked my mom for games, movies, and clothes. Instead I got a pair of skates. When I first unwrapped the present I did not know why my mom got me skates. I acted surprised but I really did not want skates.I did not even know how to skate.
My mom wanted to see me use them and my friend was having a skating party. The problem was I did not know how to use them. So I had to ask my sister to help me learn how to skate. She said she would have to think about it. She told me at dinner she would show me how to skate tomorrow.
The next day my sister told me we were going to the public park to practice skating. When we arrived I was kind of nervous because I did not have any idea how to skate. We sat on a bench and I started putting my skates on. When I stood up I could not walk because I thought it was too hard to stand with skates. My sister said we will start out slow.
We started moving a little bit on the skates. We started going towards a hill. My sister tried to move us away from the hill but she slipped and let go of me. I started going down the hill and started zooming down it. I zoomed past a guy with hot dogs, I zoomed past two girls, I zoomed past a clown giving out balloons, and I started heading towards two guys carrying a cake.
I could not stop my self! I smashed into the two guys with the cake. It made a giant mess. The cake flew onto the clown. My sister came down the hill to see what happened to me. I told her I was fine but I was covered in cake.
She said we can try again in the morning. I said that my friend's party was in six days though. When I went to that night, I was nervous about not learning how to ride my roller skates in enough time. The next day we went back to the park to try again. This time when I put on the skates I slippted and I crabbed on to my sister the her skates started rolling and it ended like yesterday excepted this time we flew into the fountain.
Five days went by and I still did not exactly know how to ride the skates yet. The day on my friends birthday I went down to the park in the morning by myself to try one more time on the skates.When I got there I put my skates on and stood up.When I got up I was kind of wobbly but I kept my balance.Then I started moving my feet and I started going with out a problem.I finlly did it.
After skating I came home and told my sister that I figured out how to ride skates.I showed my mom because she wanted to see me ride them.After I showed my mom I went to my friends birthday party and I was almost the best skater there.

The end

© Copyright 2007 tpiotrkowski (tpiotrkowski at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1338833-The-New-Skates