*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1271212-The-Jump
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Xavier
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Activity · #1271212
A story about a strange game
Will took a step up. Here he was, at the start of the fun. This is easy, he thought. The other two stared at him with wide eyes, He jumped back off the front step. It was about three inches tall. Ben almost clapped but Jake stopped him with a withering glance. Ben, six years younger than they two early teens was just happy to be there. He would do whatever he could to please Jake and Will.

It was Jakes turn. However, instead of going onto the step, he put two bricks down. On top of each other they were as tall as the step, and half as much again. He mounted them casually. They shook a little but his balance held firm. Jumping off, he spread his arms out and bowed ironically. Ben clapped enthusiastically.

Now it was time for Ben, who mounted his bright red bucket with a huge grin. He jumped inbetween Jake and Will - who now levered himself onto the wheelbarrow that they had taken from the garden shed. A woman pushing a buggy passed, looking for a moment. Every so often one of the wheels would squeek. Will jumped a little unenthusiastically. "I still don't see the point."
"Don't worry, replied Jake. "It'll get better, i promise." Will didn't look convinced. "Just wait and see."
Jake now levered himself onto the garden wall, two feet above the ground. He jumped, yelling 'ahhhh' for dramatic effect. Ben clapped his hands together with obvious pleasure.
Ben jumped the four stairs with a little difficulty, but Will, his brother, caught him easily. He was obviously extremely enthused.
Will started climbing the stairs, but his mother was coming down. He stepped out of the way for her. "Don't forget your homework", she reminded him.



wall, bridge.
© Copyright 2007 Xavier (jamie123456 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1271212-The-Jump