*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1271176-The-Last-Gre-Eneye-pt1
Rated: · Short Story · Death · #1271176
Her village was burned, her family killed. Now she must hide the Grail...
She stood at the top of Mt. Sorrow and screamed at her lungs content into the brisk winter wind as she watched the village she grew up in burn to the ground. Her family. Her lover. Andros. She was lucky enough to escape into the forest. As she watched her village burn, she could hear the screams of the people in her village. She could smell the burning flesh and hair...it made her vomit. The tears froze to her face. Her crying stopped and it hit her; she was the only one left. The last of her kind. They would be coming for her. She needed to hide before they came looking for her. They wanted her village's power...her powers. With her as the last of her kind...all the village's power now runs through her blood. She could feel the power beginning to become apart of her and knew the Power Seekers would be able to find her if she didn't leave. She stood at the top of Mt. Sorrow and blew a kiss to the village that had been so kind to her for nineteen years. Now, she had to leave. She was the last of her kind. She was the last Gre Eneye.

The Gre Eneye's were a small village, filled with very powerful people. They were the protectors of a golden chalice (the cup that Jesus would later drink from at the Last Supper), they had come to call it the Grail...because so many had fought to their deaths to get it. This village was given their powers and the Grail by God when the Grail was stolen from its pewter temple in the East Andes. The master of the village intercepted it somehow; years after the village recieved the Grail the Black King got word that the village harbored the Grail. The Black King sent the Power Seekers to the village to retrieve the Grail. As the Power Seekers searched for the Grail; Andros (the new master of the village) attacked the seekers, thus bringing on the fight that brought end to the village. Andros knew they would lose. He send his lover, Tiana, into the forest so she would be safe. Tiana didn't know she would be the last Gre Eneye. Andros knew. He knew she would recieve the villages power. Andros watched as Tiana screamed into the brisk winter wind. The Power Seekers ravaged through the village after the Gre Eneyes were no longer a race. They found the Grails new temple...but no Grail. All that was left of it, was a pile of rubies and sapphires. The chalice was gone. The Seekers returned to Black King empty handed. The Black King was neither happy or amused...but he felt something. There was still a Gre Eneye that walked the lands, she was on Mt. Sorrow. The Black King sent the Seekers after the remaining Gre Eneye.

She watched as the Seekers left the charred village. She knew the Black King would be able to tell she was still alive. She had to leave...she had to hide the Grail. Before she left the village, she removed the Grail from its temple and removed all of the jewels from it. She watched the Power Seekers ride off through the snow. Tiana stood up and ran down the mountain into the forest. She needed to get the Grail to the seas, like Andros had always ordered her to do is something were to happen. She was too focused on the task at hand to care about anyting else. She ran through the forest, faster and faster. Faster than she had ever ran before. But something was different...she noticed her feet weren't moving, they weren't on the ground...they hovered over the snow covered ground. She was flying through the forest. She stopped and fell to the ground. She looked around. What was going on? She hadn't been able to fly before-no one in her village could. She could feel the power growing stronger. She stared at her hands and she could see the power flow through her vains. Twigs cracked and snapped behind her; he twisted her kneck and looked over her shoulder...the Power Seekers. She turned and countinued towards the seas.

© Copyright 2007 Casprin E'lan (red_ink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1271176-The-Last-Gre-Eneye-pt1