*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1268775-Darkness-of-Dasra
by erau
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1268775
This is experimental, just want to see if my writing flows


The power rushed up from inside him, he could feel it gaining momentum, building on his rage.  Struggling to keep it in control, Simon was doubled over, his head was raised, eyes turned completely black, thin wisps of inky smoke were escaping out of his fingertips.  Raising his head he surrendered himself, feeling an immense pressure lifted off his chest his scream was drowned out by the deafening clap that ensued.


Stubbing his toe on a protruding rock the world was brought sharply back into focus.  Simon shook his head, he was having another nightmare, well, he thought sarcastically, that’s what it would be called if he was at home asleep in his bed. He wonders if there a word for daydreaming nightmares?  Putting it out of his mind he continued on the dusty road.  Berating himself angrily he thought I’m here to do business for my father; it’s finally my responsibility to sell our wares at the annual trades fair. 
Every year the bustling crossroads town in which he lived hosted the “trades fair” for the locals, and people from all over the country, bringing their specific trades to sell.  It happened on the summer solstice. It, being the longest day in the year, was perfect for multitudes of merchants and craftsman.
Gripping the rough wooden handles of his cart, he scrunched up his nose, the rancid Hugraft, a common type of vegetable that grew in the forest near his house, were especially pungent today.  He picked up his pace, excitement growing in his chest.  The town was slowly coming into view, Simon loved it, Farrowdown, his family had been selling there for decades, and Simon Dasra was well known and received by nearly all the kind folk there.  Being 22 years of age, Simon was not exceptionally strong or tall, but he was physically fit for his age.  His blond hair, shaggy and bleached by the sun, fell just across his stone grey eyes.  He had an easy smile.  In fact, mused Simon taking in the bright blue sky and shining sun, he couldn’t have been happier pushing a cart-load full of the foul-smelling veggies.
The dirt road turned to cobble and Simon could pick up the faint hollering of merchants and buyers.  Smiling to himself he rolled his cart into town.







© Copyright 2007 erau (getoutofmyseat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1268775-Darkness-of-Dasra