*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1265003-Where-God-Came-From
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1265003
This sermon I wrote because some girls kept bothering me about this so told them.
This question could be very confusing. Specifically someone asked me this question and that question is, "Where does God come from?" Wednesday night someone called me and I was in the middle of writing a research paper and she asked me if I had time to answer a question, I told her no, and just asked her to email it to me and I would look into it for her.
She emailed it to me and the exact question was, as I said before, "Where does God come from?" She added stuff to it though; she wanted to know if He had parents and if so who were they. I'm going to pause for a minute and ask you all the exact same question; you let me know exactly where exactly do you think He came from?
Many Christians say He has always been here. THAT IS THE ANSWER. In Genesis 1 it says, I'm paraphrasing here, GOD CREATED EARTH. If it said God was born, then we would believe He had parents, but NO! The Bible says, again paraphrasing, God Created earth.
Genesis 1:1 exactly says, "In the beginning when God CREATED the heavens and the earth." It DOES NOT SAY, in the beginning God was born.
I'm going to ask another question, If God was born how could He be almighty? This goes to Jesus, Jesus was born but as the SON of God. Before Jesus did anything involving miracles what did he do? He prayed. Do you remember what the Trinity represents?
The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, right? All are one in the same. So back to the question which has basically already been answered. Where does God come from? He has always been there He has lived in space until He made heaven then when He made heaven, lived there.
You can say that because Jesus is the Son of God, he came from Mary and Joseph. True in the sense that He came from parents in that case. But it tells us that she was a virgin. Matthew 1:18-25 talks about how the birth of Jesus Christ came about. It tells us again paraphrasing; she had a Kid in her womb through God even before Mary married Joseph. The only way that could happen for a VIRGIN to have a child would have to be from GOD.
Many Non-Christians would say that, the Bible lies, that it isn't the word of God; She wasn't a virgin at all. THIS IS NOT TRUE! We know as believers that anything in the bible is basically LAW. So remember the answer, God has always been around.

LET US PRAY,
Dear heavenly father,
We love you so much, thank you for being here before the world began. Lord help us remember just how mighty you are. Also help us remember that you were not born, no matter what other people think and tell us. Lord help us teach your word to others Lord and be with us throughout our lives as we know you will.
We pray just like you taught us to pray,
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever.

AMEN

Where God Comes From
© Copyright 2007 BobPetsitter (bobpetsitter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1265003-Where-God-Came-From