*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1240191-Genesis-Lesson-3---Wordiness
Rated: · Other · Other · #1240191
Genesis Lesson 3 - Wordiness
ORIG: 1. The college that is most effective will offer scholarships.
REV:  1. The most effective college will offer scholarships.

ORIG: 2. Writers with potential will pursue their dreams.
REV:  2. Aspiring writers will pursue their dreams

ORIG: 3. She is definitely the best person for the job, for all intents and purposes.
REV:  3. She is the best person for the job.

ORIG: 4. The student with enthusiasm will accept any kind of assignment, especially the ones that improve their individual skills.
REV:  4. The enthusiastic student will accept any assignment that will improve their skills.

ORIG: 5. Basically, this class is actually my favorite, and the assignment, which was recently posted is definitely challenging.
REV:  5. This class is my favorite and the recently posted assignment is challenging.

ORIG: 6. Reserving a table at that restaurant is sort of difficult and the person showing the most determination will generally stand the best chance of making reservations.
REV:  6. Reserving a table at that restaurant is difficult and requires determination.

ORIG: 7. The subjects that are considered most important by students are those that have been shown to be useful to them after graduation.
REV:  7. Students consider those courses important which prove useful after graduation.

ORIG:  8. It is very unusual to find someone who has never told a deliberate lie on purpose.
REV:  8. Most people deliberately lie occasionally.

ORIG:  9. He dropped out of school on account of the fact that it was necessary for him to help support his family.
REV:  9. He dropped out of school to support his family.

ORIG:  10. There are many farmers in the area who are planning to attend the meeting which is scheduled for next Friday.
REV:  10. Many area farmers plan to attend the meeting next Friday.
© Copyright 2007 Kit_Carmelite (kit1197 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1240191-Genesis-Lesson-3---Wordiness