*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1238863-Genesis-Class-Lesson-2A
Rated: · Other · Other · #1238863
Lesson 2A Assignment: Semicolons
1. Because there was heavy fog, the airport was closed; many travelers were delayed all night.
After the word "closed".


2. Bernie was depressed about his fortieth birthday; his spirits improved, however, when he opened his presents.
After the word "birthday"

3. Drivers must always remain alert; it's hard to predict, I think, what people will do when they get behind a wheel.
After the word "alert"


4. The city has adjusted its traffic regulations to accommodate bicycles; for example most avenues now have clearly marked bike lanes.
After the word "bicycles"


5. If you like to travel, you will probably enjoy Paul Theroux's books; he is a master of description.
After the word "books"

6. Every year more and more Americans move to the Sunbelt; the climate there, it seems, is irresistible.
After the word "Sunbelt"


7. The space program has always generated controversy; some people believe that the money could be better spent on earth.
After the word "controversy"


8. Caracas, Venezuela, and Los Angeles, California, share a common traffic problem; both cities, I know, have complex freeway systems and enormous amounts of traffic.
After the word "problem"

9. The quickest route between San Francisco and Los Angeles is the inland highway; the most scenic route is the highway along the coast.
After the word "highway"


10. Raimondo Cavazos, who is the school's top basketball player, enjoys sports; in addition to basketball, he plays baseball.
After the word "sports"
© Copyright 2007 Kit_Carmelite (kit1197 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1238863-Genesis-Class-Lesson-2A