*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1235853-A-Daughters-Revenge
Rated: GC · Short Story · Tragedy · #1235853
I believe the title gives enough description. ENJOY!!!
    There was this girl I once knew who always had a new crush every week. One time it was a professor; another time it was her boss. She even had a crush on my dad. She's an easy lay, so every crush became every lover. I knew about the teacher, her boss, and a few of the others because she often left me notes in my dorm room. I found out about my dad because of the way he acted around me. I didn't appreciate the fact that she went after my dad.

    The day before all this happened, I was reading one of her notes. My dad called and asked if I was still coming by tomorrow; I told him of course. Ever since my mother passed away, my dad always seem to require company. My friend always like to come with me when I  visit; I guess because she is so attached. We're more like one person if it amuses you to say so.

    When we arrived he was so excited. He took us shopping and also out to dinner. When we got back home I was exhausted, so my friend and I went up to my room. She talked about the night while I got ready to take my medicine and go to bed. She told me she wasn't sleepy and so she stayed up while I slept.

    The next morning I went downstairs for breakfast and Dad told me he was sorry. He stated that he was drunk and was missing mom last night. I was so confused that I didn't know what to say.

    "What? I thought you stopped drinking. Why are you crying? You're scaring me Daddy."

    He explained every thing to me and all I could do was cry with him. I told him that I was sorry, too. I left that instant to pack my friend and my things to leave. That's when I saw the note. When everything was gathered, I left without another word to my father. All types of questions ran through my mind as I drove.

    Now I sit here in my dorm room contemplating my next move. I will never let him do this again. She will never hurt me like this again. She has ruined my reputation. I can't have boyfriends. My boss thinks I'm a whore, as well as everyone on campus! I guess I will show them all; they will be able to tell us apart! I stormed out of my room with a plan.

    The news clipping stated that it was the worst suicide case they had ever known, or seen. It read:
                        "...A girl that was only nineteen years old took her life in the most brutal of ways. She was found, in the carpenter's workshop, unrestrained on the sawing table cut completely in half. The doctors say she was dead before her head was cut open. They found a lethal dose of prescribed MPD (multiple personality disorder) medications in her blood.... There were two pieces of paper stapled to each side of her chest with the words "me" on one and "her" on the other..."

    After reading this article inthe newspaper, her father shot himself in the head. Till this day, no one knows why the words "I'm sorry" were found scribbled on a sheet of paper at the scene.



                                                                                        -Neena Jenkins
© Copyright 2007 Neena Jenkins (neenajay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1235853-A-Daughters-Revenge