*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1234140-Sea-Queen
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1234140
A Mermaid Turns into a girl
Chapter 1

The sea hit the shore. The moon reflected over the calm water. Lumina watched the gentle ripples of the water. The water felt calm. She cupped her hands together and lifted a cupful of water. It dribbled down her arm. The building near the beach was very lively tonight. A New Year party was being held. Flashing lights, laughing, music and talking was coming from the windows. Lumina sighed, and wished she was a human. All of a sudden, a young boy called Cole came out on the balcony. He was only about seven years old. Cole leaned against the bars on the balcony. He stared out at the ocean.
“HEY! What are you doing in the water? Swimming?” he called, leaning even farther.
“Yes” said Lumina, quietly.
Lumina started singing. Her voice could calm anyone. Suddenly, the boy saw her tail.
“HEY! You’re not a girl! You’re a mermaid!” he yelled.
Lumina backed away. Her tail was flipping. Next, she splashed into the water and disappeared. The boy went back into the building. Lumina darted past the water. Her father’s seahorse appeared and stopped her.
“Your Highness, the King has arranged to see you!” said the seahorse, bowed and swam away.
“Ugh….what does he want now?” though Lumina to herself.
She swam through the seaweed, past the coral, said ‘hi’ to some friends and made her way to the kingdom. The golden gates were opened by to seahorse, and she was accompanied by a mermaid servant. The King himself, mostly known to Lumina as her father was sitting in a golden throne, looking very annoyed.
“Yes, Lumina, I know it. You went to the top again! You know the human world is dangerous!” he growled, even before she reached him.
“Father! I don’t care! There is no beats up there! I swear!” she yelled back.
“LUMINA! CALM YOURSELF! YOU’RE TO YOUNG TO KNOW! YOU ARE PUNISHED! YOU SHALL NEVER GO TO THE HUMAN WORLD AGAIN!” her father threatened.
“I DON`T CARE!!” screamed Lumina, and she swam to her secret hide out.
Her secret hideout was an old cave, with many tiny edges, just like shelves. Lumina liked to collect strange things. Most of her shelves were filled. Lumina sat on a rock and cried. How cruel her father was! Hiding the human world from her! This was something she did not like. Lumina eventually fell asleep.


“Lumina! Wait up!” called Violet, one of Lumina’s friends.
Lumina stopped swimming.
“What?” she asked.
“Don’t go in a hurry! Come on! Say goodbye!” said Honey, her other friend.
“Okay…bye!” called Lumina, and hugged her friends.
Lumina swam till she reached the top of the ocean. Dawn looked so pretty. Her little companion, Pinny flapped along. Lumina reached a rock and held out her pendent.
“Oh magic so great, turn me into a human without any wait!” chanted Lumina.
A huge blue light washed over her like a wave. Her tail disappeared. Her hair turned brown from blonde. Her hair got shorter. Lumina’s inside got different too. Her eyes turned green from blue. Then, the wave of blue light stopped. Lumina looked at her body. It was different.
“Okay Pinny, it’s time to start a new life!” Lumina declared.
Lumina was so astonished that she did not notice that she was naked.
“Uh……………………Lumina, now that you’re a human, you better wanna dress like one to!” whispered Pinny.
“But where am I going to get clothes?” asked Lumina, staring to fret.
“Um…..let’s see, there is a clothes shop down the road but it’s not open!” pointed out Pinny.
“I don’t care!” said Lumina, bravely and she rushed up to the shop.
The windows showed some very nice clothing. Lumina held out her pendant.
“Hyper Breakable!!!” chanted Lumina.
The glass immediately broke. Lumina snatched a skirt and a shirt and quickly put them on. She found a pair of sneakers and slipped them on.
“Come on! Let’s enjoy the dawn!” called Lumina and she ran down to the beach.
“Lumina! No! We have other things to worry about….I mean where are you going to sleep when it’s night time?” asked Pinny, very seriously.
“Ah don’t worry! Some of the mermaids arranged for a human to take me in, I mean to work at the café and sleep there” declared Lumina.
She ran down to the sea and dipped her hand into the water. Suddenly, a boy about her age came up to her. Lumina stared at him.
“Is he the boy who I saw when I was seven? I can’t believe I’m seeing him after seven years!” thought Lumina.
“Hi! I’m Mark. What are you doing here….at dawn? Are you a tourist?” asked the boy.
“No….and you can stop be so nosy!” said Lumina, extremely annoyed, and she ran off.

“WHAT WERE YOU THINKING LUMINA!!!!!!!!” yelled Pinny. Lumina was relaxing in a bath. Big soap bubbles appeared in front of her face.
“Sorry and chill!” said Lumina, sleepily.
“You know………………………………..” Pinny gave a long speech.
Lumina fell back in the soap bubbles.
“LUMINA! DON`T SLEEP IN THE BATH!” cried Pinny.
Suddenly, Lumina turned back into a mermaid.
“Wha?” she said.
Lumina climbed out of the bath. She turned back into a normal girl.
“So that explains it! When you’re in water, you turn into a mermaid, when you’re not in water, your turn back into a girl” said Pinny, puzzled.
“I don’t care” said Lumina, and she wrapped herself into a towel.

Lumina was in bed, fast asleep.
“Look at you, blabbing on! Lumina is just a child! She can’t handle things like this!” said Judy, the manager of the café.
“But……….” Whined Pinny.
“No!” said Judy and she left Pinny alone.
"Boy, I am that hard on Lumina....." thought Pinny and he stared at the sea.
"YAAAAY! It`s a new day!" sang Lumina as she got dressed.
She ran down the stairs, to the cafe. Judy was waiting for her.
"Lumina, put on this and come with me!" said Judy, and she tossed a uniform at Lumina.
She put on the uniform and followed Judy. They went to the top of the cafe. There was a small door. Judy pushed it and walked in. Lumina could see the beach and other parts of the cafe from a screen. Somebody was sitting at the screen. There was a panel of lots of buttons and switchs.
"Kassey! I told you to switch to different panels to find.... you-know-who`s pearl" called Judy to the person.
The person turned around. It was a girl about 17. She had long...well spiky blue-ish-black hair. She was listening to her Ipod. She had a t-shirt with a skull on it and a black capri pants. She looked more like a punk. But, she had a cafe regulation hat on.
"Yeah?" asked Kassey.
"YOU DIMWIT! I TOLD YOU TO SWITCH TO DIFFERENT PANELS!" yelled Judy and she pushed past Lumina to use the panel. Judy pressed a red button. Suddenly, every where in town was in the screens. Judy dragged Lumina out.
"Lumina! You must serve food and drink to the customers, clean and refill items" said Judy and left Lumina to herself.
"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I better get started then" thought Lumina and she rushed into the kitchen.
"Hey, Lumina, newbie, take this to table ten!" called a waiter.
Lumina took a plate full of muffins from him and walked to table ten.
"Shoot, if only these tables were numbered!" thought Lumina.
Lumina picked out one table that she thought will be number ten. She rushed over. Two girls were sitting, drinking milkshakes.
"Uh....................did you not order these muffins?" asked Lumina, lamely.
"No" said one of the girls.
"uh....um.......I`m really sorry" gushed Lumina and she ran back to the kitchen.
"Psssst! I don`t know where table ten is!" whispered Lumina to a waiter.
"It`s over there. See? Near the window!" replied the waiter and walked out of the kitchen. So, Lumina hurried over to table ten. Two girls and two boys were sitting down, drumming their fingers on the table and looking at their watches.
"Wow, they must be really hungry!" thought Lumina as she arrived at their table.
"It`s about time we got our muffins!" cried a boy who reached out for a chocolate chip muffin.
"Hey, Lumina!" called Judy.
"Yeah?" asked Lumina.
"Well....you can take a break now!" said Judy and she pushed Lumina out of the cafe.
"Finally! I`m on my own now!" cried Lumina to herself.
She ran down the beach and ran her fingers through out the water. Lumina spotted an ice cream stand and she ran up to get one. A few minutes later, she was licking a chocolate ice cream cone.
"Yum! My very first ice cream cone!" said Lumina, proudly.







© Copyright 2007 HotChilly (bluechilly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1234140-Sea-Queen