*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1206784-Country-Bumpkin-in-Big-City-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1206784
Life of a college student from a back water place in the capital city.
Beautiful, but not my type of day. The air is humid, sun ray pierces the skin. Also, I realised the air quality in the city is not that pleasant. Still waiting for the appearance of the steeled transport.

Hi, I am John, an inhabitant from Kota Kinabalu (KK), Sabah. As many of you would not know, Sabah is part of Borneo, the eastern state seperated by the South China Sea of Malaysia. I am in THE capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur (KL) for one week already. Mom and dad hardened their hearts to let me pursue higher education in the capital. Meaning, to let go their one and only child to the concrete jungle.

Luckily for me, I am not totally alone. I get free lodging and food by staying with my grandparents. There's a reason for this as I might be able to keep them far from being lonely and it is their request to be with their grandson whom only visited them as often as every 5 years.

Today, I got myself a mission: to retrieve mom's car intended for my convenience of traveling in the big city from Port Klang. Sounds fairly easy but not for a clueless person like me regarding the big city. Grandparents only knew the area around their housing estate, uncles and aunts are occupied. So...it's just me......

After a night of information-gathering, I managed to planned my journey. It can be accessible via a combination of buses and LRT and KTM trains. The journey back home is obviously driving mom's car. Hence starts my very own adventure in the big city.

The KTM train destinated for Port Klang finally arrived. This will be my last transport taken before I arrive at my destination. Before that, I was waiting 45 minutes for a bus and a further 25 minutes journey on the LRT train. Now I wonder..... how long this trip will take? Well....no matter how long it takes, it is very taxing on both my body and mind.........

Ah......the saltiness of the sea, sound of waves...that means I arrived at my destination. So, this is how an international-class port looks like? I have to pass through tight security check points which is quite understandable. Beyond the check point lies a view of infinite containers......not exaggerating but, containers till as far as the horizon! Am I suppose to get mom's car from one out of the infinite number of containers? Well....I do hope the personnels here are efficient. Much to my relief, mom's car is intact and the officer told me to have a check on it. Let's see.....Exterior: fine. Audio system: still intact. Spare Tyre: still there. Everthing is there well.....except for the cushion covers for my seat! The officer told me that those are not covered by insurance. Felt I was mugged by legal 'pirates'. Oh well, those were cheap anyways, let's forget about it and get back as soon as possible....

Then suddenly.....something awful struck my mind. I don't know the way BACK! How could I have missed this critical part of planning? Luckily for me...the car's loaded with gas. My only hope of returning home is to follow the road signs and follow them carefully............


© Copyright 2007 jabberwockkid (jabberwockkid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1206784-Country-Bumpkin-in-Big-City-1