*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185483-annother-short-exerpt-from-my-scifi-stry
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Wei
Rated: · Novella · Romance/Love · #1185483
this is annother short exerpt from my scifi story. Please review.
Reus looked down at Lis’ head, resting on his chest, looking up at him. The weight was comforting somehow. He reached his hand down slowly to Lis’ eye. She blinked and Reus felt her flinch.

“Sorry,” he said, meaning it, he didn’t want to do anything that made Lis feel uncomfortable.

“S’okay,” Lis said, not seeming bothered, “But if you poke my eye, I’ll bite you.” Lis said this with a smile that was meant to show her teeth, not her happiness, but used a friendly tone of voice.

Reus finished his motion, his finger rested on the border of a patch of light grey skin near Lis’ eye; it was like a blot of water on perfectly white stationary. Slowly, he began to trace the outline of the patch on her soft skin, pressing slightly as he did. Lis let her neck relax more; her head fell into Reus’ chest. Reus repeated his circle of the patch, still slowly. He started at the bottom, which was midway down Lis’ neck. Lis closed her bright ocean colored blue-green eyes, not obscured by display contacts now as they usually were. Her eyes were what Reus loved most about Lis face, they seemed so calm and they subtly showed all her emotions–as much as her jaw and voice. Lis seemed strangely peaceful and relaxed, very unlike her usual tense, ultra-alert state. Lis took a slow breath out, then in, her chest rising slowly. It seemed like she was sighing.

“This patch looks kind of like a cartoon drop of water,” Reus said.

“Mmmm, it looks like a tear to me,” Lis half spoke, and half murmured this response.

Lis shifted her head to a more comfortable position–Reus’ finger slipped and touched Lis’ eyelid. Without warning, her head pulled back and she nipped Reus’ fingertip. A tiny drop of blood was visible on his finger. Reus made a surprised noise.

“I didn’t mean it.”

“I know, I’m fine though, how could that hurt.”

“Give hand.”

“Me lots speaks diplomatic, much good,” Reus mocked with a crooked grin. “Say it properly and say please.”

“Please give me your hand,” Lis stressed the ‘please.’

Reus offered Lis’ his hand. Lis took it gently and turned it over slightly. Unexpectedly, she opened her mouth and licked Reus’ cut. It was an awkward and highly comical gesture of affection given Lis’ rather large tongue, Reus laughed and gently shoved Lis’ shoulder.

“Stoppit, that tickles,” Reus managed through his laughter. .

“No,” Lis said, tongue still out of her mouth.

Reus bent his head down and quickly kissed the top of Lis’ forehead; between her eyes.

“You know I can’t return that kiss.” Lis said.

“You can try.”

“Okay, it’s your mistake though,” Lis said with a devilish smile.

Lis craned her neck up and licked Reus’ cheek
© Copyright 2006 Wei (thecrazyfool at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185483-annother-short-exerpt-from-my-scifi-stry