*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1181948-Rising-Fire
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Entertainment · #1181948
in the year 2145, three vamps try to figure out the conspiracy against their race
Chapter one: accidents happen
I looked around warily, my hypersensitive ears aware of all sounds surrounding me. My senses buzzed with all the volumized smell and sounds. I wrinkled my nose at the strong scent of an over flowing garbage can in the nearest alley, and I was simply appalled at the strong scent of unwashed men and woman and children. Disgusting. Looking over at Ken, I realized he thought the same.
Me, Ken and Carlos stood on the sidewalk of a bustling crowd of humans, trying not to look directly at one, in fear they would figure out who we really where.
Carlos looked around twenty two, with jet black fly away hair, a curt look that made me want to hug him, and he was incredibly attractive. Unfortunately, he hadn’t fed before we came to the place humans lived and walked. Looking at Carlos, I realized with a jolt of fear that his eyes where no longer a soft shade of brown, but a bleek empty black, sallow and cold. And so very beautiful in many terrifying ways. He was looking straight at a small child devoid of an adult, holding a melting ice cream in her pudgy hand. Carlos wore a smooth challenging grin, wishing the child to come closer, a piece of his hair falling in his face. He was hungry, and I knew we had to get him away from here or risk our existence. Not wanting to temp fate, I pulled his smooth white sleeve, trying to pull him away from the crowd of provocative humans, but trying was useless.
He was a much more experienced vampire, and although he looked young, he was far older then both Ken and I. In fact he was 187 years old. And though ken and I resembled the body of a fourteen year old, we where older then we looked. Carlos was much stronger then us combined, even though we could easily over power the strongest of humans. Further more, Carlos fully ignored my attempts to pull us away from danger. Ken, who had been idly studying a bug on the sidewalk, saw the look on Carlos, and instantly leapt into action. Trying to push the vampire over was as easy as picking up a building, which even for a vampire was impossible. Carlos hissed revealing long, sharp and deadly fangs, ready to lunge at the girl, ready to kill, Or attack me and Ken in mere irritation at our bothersome tugging. Luckily the crowd was so thick that we remained undetected.
Only seconds later a large woman in a red knotted dress took the girl by her small pale hand, and led her away, scolding her for running off. For a split second both Ken and I where convinced he would take off after the small girl, but his eyes faded back to his natural brown, causing me to sigh in relief at the danger we had come so close to.
He turned to the pair of us, with a sheepish look on his face that made me want to both hug him, and scold him like the child. Rubbing the back of his head in slight embarrassment, Carlos said, “Sorry about that…I couldn’t control my thirst.” A smile pulled at my lips. Ken however, wasn’t about to take it so easily. “What where you thinking Carlos? We could have been slayed!” He whispered the last word furiously. Carlos glared at him reproachfully. “I am in a much higher position the you. I have permission to kill you on the spot, so I’d keep your anger to your self. Am I clear?” The pair of them glared at each other for nearly a minute, before Ken finally replied, “Fine.” Straightening up, Carlos said, “It’s time we leave. We need you to get to the attentionary, so behave.” This striked me as funny, as he had just been about to kill us all in his thirst for the human girl.
“I think me and Ken should go, and You should feed. We can’t afford another accident, and you really look like you need a brake.” It was true. His skin was even paler then usual and he looked drawn. Any minute now it was apparent he would lose his self control completely, and kill any humans he could reach. Carlos didn’t look as though we should, and it was apparent he was indecisive. “Look, after you’ve finished, we’ll meet you at the attentionary.” I could see Carlos was pondering my words. Finally with a insecure sigh he gave in. “Fine, I’ll meet you. BUT, you must be undetected the entire time, got it?” I raised an inquiring eyebrow before replying, “Carlos, you shouldn’t be talking after your little episode.” Frowning and grumbling, he disappeared around the corner, his doctor-like jacket whipping out of sight. Smirking, the two of us turned the opposite corner, heading to the attentionary at the far side of San Diego.
© Copyright 2006 j2024215_95 (j2024215_95 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1181948-Rising-Fire