*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1171272-The-Dragon-Keeper---Chapter-One
by Rose
Rated: ASR · Other · Fantasy · #1171272
About a girl name Rose who finds out a very strange secret the Petersons are hiding.
          As Rose laid on her rocky window ledge with her long blonde hair blowing in the wind she sighed at the thought of doing more work for the Petersons. She smoothed out her ripped white night gown as she stared at the clock tower. Night fell on the town as the sight of the clock tower faded into the darkness. She forced herself to her feet and slowly climbed into her shabby little bed pulling the ripped black covers over her praying that a miracle will happen and tomorrow will be better.

~Chapter One~


          Of course tomorrow was not better. As she looked at her overly huge chore list she strained to hold in the sigh as Terra, the owner of the house, stared down on her like a bug.

          "Come on! Chop Chop! We don't have all day now."

          Rose tried not to drag her feet as she picked up one of the many baskets of laundry that needed to be washed. She walked carefully downstairs trying not to spill the overly filled basket of laundry because if she did she knew she would get mindlessly slapped. She shoved the cloths into the washer and turned it on. The bell rang so she ran to the door almost tripping on the way there. When she opened the door she saw an older man with grey hair and a stern face. He wore slick pants and a fine black suit.

          She bowed and said "Welcome to the Petersons house." The man slightly bowed his head as he looked around.

          "Please, come in. Who do you wish to see?"
In a deep voice he replied "Josh."

          "This way please." She led him through the house into the living room. "Josh you have a visitor."

          Josh was fifteen years old. One year older then Rose. His hair was shaggy and brown. It hung in his eyes. Rose wondered if he could see through that mess. He wore a t-shirt and jeans like every other teenager.

          "Welcome. Good to see you." Josh excitedly shook his hand. "So do you have them?" Josh asked curiously. Rose went around the corner to the laundry room to finish the laundry while secretly listening intently.

          The man shushed him. "Yes, but I prefer to talk about it tomorrow. The ride here wore me out."

          "I understand. ROSE!" Rose rushed into the living room.

          "Yes?"

          "Take this man to our eighth guest room."

          "Yes sir." Josh loved it when Rose called him sir. It made him feel powerful. Rose thought he had a little to big of an ego. Rose bowed and led the way to the guest room. "This is you room sir I hope everything is to your likings." The man nodded as he looked around at his room. Rose took out the neatly feld list out of her brown belt around her waist. She looked at the first three things.

          1.Do laundry
          2.Make breakfast
          3.Dust the third guest room.

          Rose sighed as she went into her room to grab another over filled laundry basket.
© Copyright 2006 Rose (angel7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1171272-The-Dragon-Keeper---Chapter-One