*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1166958-Black-Roses
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1166958
This is one of my new short stories
Walking alone through the darkened woods,Lilia felt she was being watched.She kept her eyes on the forest floor as tears streamed down her face.Her village had just been killed by anti-fairies.(An anti-fairy is a half fairy-half demon corssbreed.It occurs when fairy and demon blood is mismatched in someone.)Her large black cat ears flattened atop her head.She was a cat half-demon.Her mother was a human and her father was a full cat demon.She wandered aimlessly in the dark,feeling her way through the trees.You see,Lilia,was blind.She had lost her eyesight when she was seven from a brain injury.She put her pale face to the sky.She landed on her knees as someone hit her from behind.It was an anti-fairy.It was a large female.She took Lilia by the neck and drug her several feet into the woods.She dropped Lilia beside a fire and pressed her fangs to her neck.

"Do you wish to be freed from all your earthly pains?I can fill you with happiness."The anti-fairy wispered.

"I wish to be let go.Let me go!!"Lilia cried.

"No,pretty.I think you should stay for a while."The anti-fairy smiled.

Lilia jumped up and drug a large black onyx katana from a sheath on her back.She spun in a circle and large black angel wings sprouted from her back.She gave a peircing cry and brandished the sword at the anti-fairy.
"Ooh,pretty is tough,yes?But not tough enough."The anti-fairy gave a sinster laugh.
Lilia crumpled and looked at the anti-fairy.
"I may not be able to see you,but I can feel your presence."Lilia said swinging the blade into the anti-fairy's chest.
The anti-fairy screeched and fell.The other anti-fairies that had been watching came around her as they became normal half-demons again.The eldest cat-demon was also a white mage.He pressed his staff to her forehead and her eyesight returned.She looked at her little sister for the first time.She looked on her parents and the others of her village.The elder smiled.
"You are now to be known as Screeching Angel."He smiled.
© Copyright 2006 Renasance Marie (blackrosesiren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1166958-Black-Roses