*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1166625-My-neighbor-Joe
Rated: · Draft · Death · #1166625
I was away and when I came back, I found out my friend and neighbor had died.
I met Joe over six years ago when I first moved into my house. I took an immediate liking to the guy and his wife Ann. We played golf a couple of times and I had Joe and his wife over for a Memorial Day cookout this year. He had a way of drawing out his speech that made him unique and made me smile. He loved to play the horses and his wife loved the casinos. We would mow the lawn between our houses, sometimes I would, sometimes he would. If my grass got too high he would say " Man, I'm gonna need a machette to get to the street." I brought his trash cans in from the curb and sometimes he brought mine in. We would get the mail for each other when the other was away and the newspaper. We would curse the snow as we shoveled it and compare notes on how well each other's power washer cleaned off the siding. He was the best neighbor I ever had and I will miss him a lot. Goodbye Joe.
© Copyright 2006 Franeck (franecko at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1166625-My-neighbor-Joe