*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1143124-more-story-convenient-space-travel
Rated: · Other · Reference · #1143124
having trouble convieniently transporting your characters from solar system to solarsystem
when charachters travel in space they have to go to near-lightspeed, lightspeed or hyperspace ,it takes days,weeks,months,and possibly even years to travel to their destinations and while when it comes to relativity even more time passes in the universe outside of the traveling spacecraft.
Now when you have a character that needs to physicaly meet with someone on the other side of the galaxy ,how do you get there if by the time you arrive the person you are meeting has long since died or out lived his purpose?
This can be solved in a number of ways. I know of one way to do this that may not have been suggested.
instead of having space travel take weeks for the traveler and years for people awaiting the travelers arival. Have the traveler travel through another dimension or something like that( I Like to call it 4d spacedrive but you can call it whatever), that makes the journey seem much longer to the traveler and much shorter to the real universe. This way you simply have to put the traveler into cryosleep and then the journey could be done fairly quickly.
This can give you the option of adding more worlds far apart without taking too long to write it.
I'm no genius when it comes to this stuff and i hope i'm not showing my own ignorance by saying this but i'm a friggen sophmore in highschool so i'd realy appreciate any oppinions that you have or any additional ideas.
© Copyright 2006 James Francis Ondren (dannyjames at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1143124-more-story-convenient-space-travel