*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1132366-The-dream
Rated: · Short Story · Death · #1132366
A nightmare that seems to not want to end
The figure took a sharp step towards me, hooded and cloaked, black, black as the night that surrounded me, black as death. "You are death." I thought, "you are death and you're coming for me." The figure carried on walking. Coming closer, closer. I wanted to run, but my feet wouldnt leave the floor. Death was right in front of me now. I screamed at him, and he walked right through me. I was silent for a moment, then i screamed. It was like some one had hit me, I was in tears.
I got up And ran. I carried on running as hard as i could, thier were figures all around me, hooded and cloaked. I screamed
"Shush shush..." Someone was gently wobbling my shoulders. I woke up, mum was thier, I was in my room. I was safe. Its Ok. I thought. You'll be safe, you were only dreaming. I gazed up at my mum, such beauty, sparkling blue eyes whirling, tumbling black hair. So gentle and sweet. The hair began to grown about her, turning into a cloak with a hood "NO!" i cried.
It was happening again, there were thousands of them, all yelling at me, shouting my name "Abbey, Abbey, Abbey" It was going on again Hundreds hundreds.
"Abbey!!! Will you flippin shut up, I'm trying to sleep!" My brother was yelling his head off. I calmed down. Now i was dreaming that i was waking up and dreaming again. I looked at my watch. 3:00am My brother saw where I was looking "Wooooo he said in a stupid voice its the witching hour." I ignored him, trying to control my breathing. The room went black, there he was again, The figure. I wanted to scream, but he was lifting up his hood.
A man stood thier. bald headed, blue eyes. It was dad. "NO!" i screamed "Your dead!" My abusive father only stared. Then he thumped me. He thumped me again and again. On and on, I didnt think the pain would stop.
The girl woke up. Her straight jacket was restricting her movement, but they couldn't take it off until morning. Joe sighed. It was sad, she had led a normal life for 12 years, but then she had gone mad. Whenever her parents came she refused to see them, as far as she knew her family were completly different people. She thought her dad was abusive and her mum had black hair and blue eyes. She also thought she had a brother.
As Joe pondered this he gazed at something, a shadow on the wall. Strange. He thought. It really looked like a hooded figure...
© Copyright 2006 A.M. Hinton (tumnuslover at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1132366-The-dream