*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1089915-my-story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1089915
Hey Im new with this stuff, cut me some slack.

The stars looked as if they had wrapped a dark blanket around themselves. It was a dark night .Who am I? u may ask … ,my name is of no importance .I’m just another girl …….with another story.

*A little girl sat in a room , which looked like some hallway, she was sobbing.Her grey eyes blinked out the tears , she was trying to hide. “I will not cry, I have to be strong”she whispered to herself.She stared at the window, waiting for her punishment.My life is over,she thought,and all of a sudden an indigo eyed head appeared in the window.The girl started waving and mouthed off some words,the grey-eyed girl inside the room nodded. “The headmaster needs you,”a tall man said, coming up from behind her. The girl got up and opened the door…….*

“Ahhh,” I woke up and sighed .I was in my hostel room, on my bed.That was the third time I’d been having that dream .I moaned softly,it couldn’t have meant anything ,I assured myself, dreams have no meaning anyway.
I have to get some sleep , I have a major test ,I whispered to myself…. a loud snore interrupted my thoughts , I turned around to find my ‘so-called roommates’ snoring loudly.

I couldn’t sleep, I had been tossing and turning on my bed ever since I had that dream. I peered into the darkness, the clock read two a.m. Pfft…..
I sighed and made one last attempt to sleep .My eyelids drooped slowly when, THUD THUD, someone knocked at the door.
What the hell, I sighed and stood up .I walked towards the door, rolling my eyes at Tamara drooling in her sleep. Tuh, How immature can they get,I said to myself ,and opened the door.

The door opened slightly , to reveal a girl my age .She had messy hair and big round indigo eyes.I looked at her coldly, “What do you want?”

I looked at her intently ,uh I don’t know why? I guess I just couldn’t help staring at her .Her eyes ,her face , her clothes were strangely familiar.
“Excuse me ! I need your help”she said quickly.” So,”I said. “You must help me ,I am in grave danger,and .. a ..a ..and you are the only one who can help me”she stuttered.I raised my eyebrow,I was pretty sure she was one of those nutcases ,who just bothered peoples privacy.I sighed and was about to close the door ,when she held it. “Please….”she pleaded .Her indigo orbs pierced my ice cold stare. “Why should I help someone I don’t even know?”I asked regaining my cold composure. She started pleading.
“Ok whatever …what do you want?”I asked ,she smiled

“Quick! you must follow me” she said as the sirens sounded in the distance….

. I hesitated for a moment ,and stole a last glance at the room before leaving.I followed the girl as she led me to a narrow alley .The alley had a smell of rotten fish ,I couldn’t trace the source .I stared into the inky darkness . What the hell am I doing ,I asked myself, Why the hell am I bothering to help some person whose probably some nutcase or some escaped convict? Questions were flooding my mind as I trailed the girl.My senses were sharp so I could detect her location.

Why am I doing this?
U do care
Huh? Who...what are you?
I am you, you idiot .Come on why don’t u admit it…
Admit what?
U care ,u felt pity on her.Awwww
Whatever! Great! Now I am talking to myself….Tsk..


The girl jumped quickly and climbed a wall.I copied her.
“This is it!”she said. I stared as my pupils retracted,she ran her hand over the wall’s topmost bricks and pushed. A door opened out of the blue .I raised my eyebrow ,for a runaway ,this girl wasn’t dumb.
“We will be safe for now….. which will give me some time to explain” she said, panting. “Show me your hand “
*FLASHBACK*
“show me your hand ,Raven”a little indigo eyed girl squealed .Before her stood a weeping little girl with grey eyes, wiping off her tears. She held out her hand.
*FLASHBACK ENDED*
“ Werent you listening?”the girl said .I shuddered and slowly held out my hand.On it was a deep scar ,engraved across the middle.”You are her! I found you!Raven I…”
“I don’t care, what do you …What did you call me?” I said

“ Raven, I’m Valerie” …..
“Wait I know who you are? Vallory Ivanov?”
My eyes widened with surprise. “Raven ,Im back!” .I was shocked.
I got up and walked towards the window ,I couldn’t stand it ,I wanted to sit down and recount everything ,so much had happened so fast. Was this really Valerie ?It had been forever......
If it was her ,why did she come back? Where was she all this time? and why did she need my help.
“I uh..I have to go,” I said quickly, praying she would buy my excuse. “Sure , I understand ”she said slowly.
”Raven there is something ,I need to tell you” she said
“Hmm “ I turned abruptly.
“ I came here ,because of a reason, I told you that I needed you’re help, My father has lost everything …I have lost everything ,my house ,my family ,I need you’re help…”
“why me?” I said
“ you re the only person closest to me ,I have no other person to turn to Raven ”,she started crying softly and hugged me “You should go now, you’re getting late, and Im probably wasting you’re time”.
“ are you going to be OK?”
“yeah,”
I turned away to leave ,I glanced at my watch ,I could catch some sleep, if I’d hurry.
I ran through the cold alleyways ,and made it to school.
I entered my room ,and let out a sigh of relief ,everyone was asleep.

I took off my shoes ,when all of a sudden a light opened .I turned towards the direction of the lamp, when I pointed out a figure standing in the light. “Where were you?” she asked
“ none of your business , Rena” I snapped. The last thing I wanted was to hear one of her lectures .I lay down on the bed and before I could realize I drifted into a deep sleep.

*The door opened slightly ,
“You may come in,” sounded a voice
“Yes, sir ” the grey –eyed girl entered
“YOU STOLE THE MONEY ,did you or did you not?”
“Yes sir”
“ WHO ELSE WAS THERE?”
“Just me sir”
“ DON’T LIE”
“Im not lying sir”
The man yelled angrily and took out his staff .He hit the girl on her hand
“WHO ELSE WAS THERE?”
“Me, sir”
He hit her again on the same hand. The girl flinched
“GET OUT OF MY SCHOOL,LEAVE!!”
The girl looked at her hand….*

I woke up ,who was that girl? And why was I having the same dream?
There were beads of sweat on my forehead. I took off my glove and stared at my palm. A deep purple scar was engraved onto the skin. I wore the glove quickly and stood up as the bell rang, I changed my clothes and ran for class.

“Are you OK?” Tamara said ,”I’m fine” I said. “It’s just that ever since you became a part of our team ,I …”Rena said slowly, when all of a sudden my mobile rang
“Excuse me!” I hurried out of the hallway
“Hey ”
“I’m meeting you at rock square in five minutes, Hurry…”the phone cut off
I hope she’s OK,I said to myself

I told you so
What
You care
Can’t you just disappear and leave me alone
Whatever, You cant hide from yourself
Admit it
No
Admit it
No
Oh you re making it so obvious
You are so annoying
I am you, remember?
Note to self: I am very annoying
……….

I turned to check the time, Id made it, where was she ?
“Looking for someone?” came a voice from behind me .I turned ,
“Not anymore "I replied
“The time is now ,Raven, I need you.”her face became pale….
“what do I have to do?” I said quickly.she showed me a picture and said,
“This belongs to our family, I had inherited it, but…..it is in the museum ,It was stolen from me”.
“We should get the police” I said
“NO !” she yelled ,I stopped in my tracks. " Why? ,if it is this serious then……”I asked
“ No governmental agency should know, They might get the wrong idea”
She pleaded .
“I am her friend” I said to myself.
“I understand ,Its Ok” I said to her
“you swear you wont tell anyone” she said and looked at me .”I swear ”I replied
“So will you help me, Raven? for old friendships sake,” she continued


*FLASHBACK*
“Did you tell him ?”the indigo-eyed girl said
“No”
“I’ll miss you”
“Did you get that for me? ”the little indigo-eyed girl stared at the other girl’s hand. She ran her fingers over the blood. “Im sorry ,Raven I didn’t want you to get hurt ,he had taken something that belonged to my father, Ill miss you too. Best friends, right?”
“Yeah, sure ”the grey eyed girl smiled through her tears. “But ……, ”she said, but she was too late ,the other girl had already left.
The girl looked down and whispered, “You don’t have a father”.
*FLASHBACK ENDED*

“You re doing this for a friend, Raven” said Valerie
“Meet me at the city museum at midnight ,I know you haven’t given me you’re decision yet, but Ill be waiting ” came the answer and saying that she left.

I know that I was doing this for a friend but why did I feel like something is wrong. Why was I having those flashbacks?. Could I trust her?....That indigo-eyed girl looked so……
Could I trust Valerie?
I looked at the clock ,everyone was asleep. It was midnight, I grabbed my bag and my cell phone . I hurried for the museum, I knew what I had to do.
“I never doubted you” It was Valerie,
“You go from that side ,Ill follow”
I dodged the lasers, Valerie followed.
“Yeah “ she said.” She ran towards a room “Come on Raven, Ill disable the security system”.
She came back and grabbed an artifact and began filling a bag with other artifacts. I raised an eyebrow.
”What are you doing”
“You always were too easy!” She shouted and she pressed a button ,the security system reactivated. Buzzers began ringing all over the museum
“Thank you Raven ,I always knew you were easy but I didn’t know you were dumb too”
she departed, all the walls banged shut . I could hear sirens, the police were coming. I heard a loud scream
“YOU DOUBLECROSSER!!” it sounded like Valerie’s voice .The door opened to reveal an officer,
“Thank you ! We’ve been looking for Miss Valerie for a long time”
He turned but I had already left .
I walked down the road, I felt so betrayed, so heartbroken, but I had done right thing, at the right time, I stood for a while under the shadowy trees and stared at the police cars ,their sirens red-blue, red-blue fading in the distance, as they left one by one leaving me alone in the darkness, the last car left carrying a very upset girl with it .A girl with indigo eyes, a girl who was supposed to be my only friend, I glared at the last car, as an unwelcome tear slid out of my eye and on to my cheek………








































© Copyright 2006 mahoganyeyes (mahoganyeyes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1089915-my-story