*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1072602-My-entry
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1072602
shot at a message to the world
There are three things that I've learned in my life, each of which applies to every one of you as well.
One; You can't change anyone.
This I learned simply by getting married. Throughout the courtship I kept a white-knuckled grip on the happy, spontaneous moments, and actively neglected all of the persistent aggravations I encountered in dealing with the woman I ultimately married. My rosy memory gifted my wife with patience, and it cast her in the light of a selfless lover. I told myself a story that I was marrying my dream woman. When in fact I was marrying a woman seemingly incapable of dreaming.
And I think I knew that going in. But at the same time, convinced of my cunning and manipulative ways, I was certain I could mold this woman into the wife I saw her as. Four long months into the marriage, I've begun to melodramatically wonder whether I'll be disowned by my catholic family upon divorce. Beyond physical and emotional disfigurement, you can truly change no one. Embrace that fact, and be aware of who the people you surround yourself with really are. Stop painting them into your stories and allow them their own. Sit back and see whether you're invited into theirs...
Two; ?
three; you will die.
© Copyright 2006 wiersch (wiersch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1072602-My-entry