*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1060622-
by Zyreph
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1060622
A hatchling dragon learns the dangers of angering an ancient dragon.
Don’t annoy an ancient dragon

It was warm sunny day in the dragon city of Chiconis, the perfect day to just lie around and relax, which is exactly what Narl intended to do all day. The ancient black dragon found a nice place on the mountains over looking the city were he could soak in the sun and sleep, hoping no one would disturb him. He looked down at the city, watching dragons run and fly around till he slowly fell asleep.

He woke sometime later when he felt a sudden pain in his tail. Growling a bit from being woken up he looked over at his tail to see a gold scaled hatchling looking back at him playfully. “Hello.” The hatchling said in a cutesy tone. Narl grumbles and flicked his tail, “What do you want whelp?” The young gold dragon sat back a bit tilted his head, “Nothing, just wanted to say hi.” Narl rolled his eyes a bit laid his head back down to sleep, hoping the hatchling would go away.

A golden paw bated against the big black muzzle of Narl and roused him again. With a deep growl he looked at the hatchling, “If you don’t want anything then go away, I’m not your play toy.” The gold hatchling seemed unaffected by the ancient dragon’s deep tone and asked, “You are an ancient dragon right?” Narl grumbled and rolled his eyes a bit, “Yes, now go away.” Looking over the black a bit with curiously a moment the young gold dragon said, “Okay” and walked away.

Hoping that the hatchling would finally leave him alone, Narl closed his eyes again to go back to sleep. He was woken up yet again as he felt something land on his back. Narl roared and tossed the gold hatchling off his back and to the ground. “I told you to leave me alone whelp, why do you keep bothering me!” Narl growled out at the hatchling as he was standing up looked down at him. “Sorry I’m just board. Do you have anything I can do for you maybe?” the gold hatchling asked as he looked up at the black dragon easily 4 times his size.

Narl seethed as he looked down at the hatchling and an idea formed in his head. Making him self calm down a bit and acting nice he asked the hatchling, “You are one of the *gifted right?” The gold hatchling nodded happily, “Yes I am, why do you ask?” The black dragon grinned wickedly, “Good, then perhaps you can help me with something.” Wagging his tail excitedly the gold hatchling asked, “Okay, what do you want me to do?” The black dragons muzzle came up right in front of the young gold dragon, “Just stay just like that a moment.” The young gold dragon looked at giant black muzzle curiously waiting for the ancient dragon to tell him what he wanted.

The jaws of the black dragon slowly parted and the hatchling looked inside the opening maw, wondering if perhaps the ancient dragon needed him to check his teeth or something. Assuming that was the case as he looked into the wide open maw, he poked his head in to look and some drool dripped off the black dragon’s teeth and onto him. The young gold dragon suddenly felt very uneasy and said to say, “Hey you’re not gonna …” but before he could finish the black dragon pushed his maw forward and stuffed the gold hatchlings head down his throat.

With a merf, the gold hatchling tried to pull him self out, but the black dragon gulped hard, pushing him deep into his bulging throat. Trashing around in a panic the hatchling muffled in complaint, but the ancient dragon ignored him as he gulped down the young dragon slowly. Narl’s neck budged with the mass of the hatchlings head, neck, and fore body as he continued to struggle to get free. The gold hatchlings legs kicked at the air as Narl lifted him off the ground and tilted his head back.

With strong gulps, the hatchling slowly traveled down the long black neck towards the awaiting stomach. The hatchling continued to kick and squirm as he his legs and tail slowly disappeared into the large black maw. A large budge slowly traveled down the long black neck as the plump hatchling was swallowed down.

Narl could feel as the hatchling started to fill his stomach. The young gold dragon continued to squirm even as his body filled the black dragon’s stomach and caused it to budge out with his mass.

With a satisfied rumble Narl gulped down the last of the hatchling and lay down on his large stomach. He could feel the hatching inside his stomach fight a bit longer before becoming still. As he rested his head down to go back to sleep he wondered if the hatchling would come back because he was gifted. Narl licked his lips as his stomach began to gurgle with the digestion of the hatchling and a part of him hoped he would come back so he could do it all over again.


*Gifted: Gifted are those who have been granted immortality by the gods, though they can still die, they always come back to life.
© Copyright 2006 Zyreph (zyrephdragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1060622-