*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1042816-My-Phone-Call-from-Ken
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Relationship · #1042816
Short story based on partial truth, of leaving one guy for another...
"That was Ken that just called," Jade told her best friend Kara.

"What did he want?" Kara facetiously asked.

Jade rolled her eyes, and feigned excitement in her voice as she spoke of Ken's call.

"He asked me to come to his place for Christmas, konwing full well I am seeing somebody new," I reponded, "and he added that he didn't expect anything from me, and that it was 'no strings attached'."

"Tsst!" Kara smirked. "Wasn't that how it was between you and Ken in the first place."

"Yeah, we were like friends with benefits, although he claimed he really liked me, even though we hardly ever went anywhere together. He always said it was because he was not ready for a serious relationship. I figured he was saying that because he enjoyed the sex, but he really did not care for me that much."
© Copyright 2005 fishtail1776 (fishtail1776 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1042816-My-Phone-Call-from-Ken