*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1033708-Explosions
Rated: · Other · Other · #1033708
About the world crumbling in on someone.
ive not changed any of this since when first wrote it. I dont actually know what it is! Any comments would be great

The sky fell all around caving in and surrounding the man who stood alone in the lonely baron harshness of the countryside. The thorns and bushes seemed to grow above this silent figure. His body was limp, his eyes dead as they circled him. He had nowhere to run and even if he did, he did not want to.
As the sky camouflaged in clouds began to drop, the temperature died away. A sharp dagger like breeze pierced through the bony frame of this man. It was the kind of attack that would?ve had you hunched over fighting for breath. Yet the man did neither and continued to stand tall, rigid, lifeless in every sense.
As the wind whistled it?s echoing tune over the flat nothingness of this dissolute rural retreat a single drop of sweat began to crawl down the contours of the man?s face. A glow, a single glow rolling down this man?s cheek pulsated burning the sky which hollered in return. It stopped like a wave about to crash all around. The surfers final ride. The foaming whiteness of the break turned an ill coloured grey and slowly rose ever higher. It was then the man made his first and only move. His neck creaked his weather beaten face up towards the stained sky. An auburn glow illuminated above this figure. It continued up scaring the sky as it lifted. The jet blackness of the sky sent darkness sweeping across the lands. The sky would not fall, the whiteness of the break had been devoured by the angry sky. The man started to fall. This flat neutral landscape now resembled a valley. The glow from his tear dug into the soil as it dropped to the ground. Like a dormant volcano ready to erupt the earths surface became agitated glowing and spreading it?s amber message. As the soil crumpled beneath his feet the man?s head still was turned to the sky. The stale burnt air suffocated him dragging him further into god knows where.
Their were explosions in the sky. Then all was calm.
© Copyright 2005 daverave (daveyboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1033708-Explosions