*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2297149-Superhero-Transformation-Tales-TFTG/cid/3464145-Your-best-pal-Richie-reminding-you-that-it
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2297149
In a world full of might and power you encounter something that changes your life forever.
This choice: Your best pal Richie, reminding you that it's your day off  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Your best pal Richie, reminding you that it'...

    by: LegacyPilgrim
Ah, good old Richie. He knew just how forgetful you could be, and he always made it a point to make sure you enjoyed yourself on the few breaks you were given from the diner. You replied to him with a quick text back, something cheery and disarming.

It took you no time at all to get ready for your day out. The two of you had been planning this for a while-- a trip out to the local park and then to the movies. You could take or leave your theatrical experiences, but you had a particular affinity for nature. Richie always joked that it was meant to be-- Heywood was a name destined to say "Hey, wood!". You didn't find that overly funny, but Richie sure liked repeating that joke over and over again.

You made sure to dress light. A t-shirt with a print of your favorite superhero, Alloy-Man and a pair of cargo shorts. He was hella rich and successful and he didn't care who knew his secret identity. Not like a lot of these other folks, hiding behind masks and stuff...not that that necessarily made them bad people. It was just hard to get invested in or trust them too much when they were really just...faceless.

But you didn't think too much about that as you got ready for your day out. Wallet, check. Phone, check. All that was left was to wait on-- ah, there it was. The doorbell.

You answered quickly, almost ripping the door open to greet your best buddy.

"Hey, man!" You said, a huge grin on your face. Richie returned your grin, wrapping his arms around you as he pulled you into a deep hug. "Holy shit, dude. We planned this out like two weeks ago. Maude's fucking crazy," he grumbled.

You shook your head. "It's just hard to find replacement staff after...well, you know," you replied, referring to two of your fellow waiters who had been transformed into marble sculptures by one of the local supervillains. They'd been shipped off somewhere shortly afterwards...hopefully to be restored? You could take or leave Brittany, but Heather had actually been pretty cool to you...ah, it didn't matter anymore.

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard that one before. Been hearing it for nearly a year now. I think she's just getting enough work out of you and me and she doesn't want to risk spending more money on more staff."

He was probably right, but... "Enough about work, Richie. Let's head out to Centerview before Maude intrudes on *our* time." Richie couldn't disagree with that, and soon enough the two of you were on your way to Centerview Park, a great place to unwind in the massive metropolis of Golden City. Just on the ride over, you caught site of two streaks of color in the sky, one red and one blue. Were they chasing each other? Or just on the same path to their daily grind of protecting the citizens of the world? You couldn't tell and you didn't really wanna speculate.

The city itself was a tangle of gigantic, towering skyscrapers, and smaller, more artfully designed residences and places of work. One thing you had to give Golden City-- it was just as colorful as its residents, with a heavy lean towards the future. You wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

You arrived at the park soon enough, stopping at the minimally crowded parking lot to, well, park your car. It was a gorgeous day, with beautiful, clear blue skies and a mild breeze caressing your face. You put your hands in your pockets as you and Richie began to walk along the trail that ran along the edges of the park.

"So, did you hear about that new quarterback they hired? Dude's got an insane college record, man. I really think this year is our year," Richie gushed, excitement written clearly on his features. He always got like this when talking sports. You weren't as interested, but you still responded politely enough, before turning the topic back towards something more in your field of interest.

"So, there were these insane tectonic shifts in the Pacific the other day. Scientists say they don't know what's causing them, but to be on guard because there might be more to come. Sure hope someone takes care of that."

"What, like Captain Solar? I think he's off-world."

"Nah, I was thinking someone with a more scientific mind...a super genius like Alloy Man, you know?"

"Oh, you and your Alloy Man. I swear to god, that dude is the most overrated-- wait, did you hear that?" Richie said, ducking behind a nearby boulder. You could only furrow your brow.

"Hear what?" You asked, voice thick with confusion. You would soon get your answer in the form of....
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 LegacyPilgrim (UN: genox4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegacyPilgrim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2297149-Superhero-Transformation-Tales-TFTG/cid/3464145-Your-best-pal-Richie-reminding-you-that-it