*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2267076-A-Chaotic-Galaxy/cid/3191492-Theyre-a-travel-vlogger
by Hole
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2267076
Follow a person living in a galaxy full of aliens and antics to be had
This choice: They're a travel vlogger  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

They're a travel vlogger

    by: Hole
Vern typed on her computer, making sure everything was in order at the hotel. She's a hotel receptionist at the Heracles Hotel and she was responsible for greeting guests and assisting in administrative tasks that the manager can't get around to themselves.

Hey, check if there's another reservation coming in, a voice inside her head said.

Got it, another voice said as her hand moved her cursor to open the page.

"Looks like we got one more coming it tonight." she said aloud.

They better hurry if they don't wanna miss their first night, another voice said.

And right on que, the doors opened to reveal the last guest for tonight. A brown haired girl in a sun hat, kaki shorts, sandals, and a pink and yellow tank top towing a red carry-on.

There she is, a voice in Vern's head said.

Ooh she's hot, a different voice said. Look at those tits. And that a- Vern's left hand pinched her butt. Owowow, stop!

Vern stood up, "Hello ma'am, welcome to the Heracles. How may I help you?" she said.

"Hey," the guest said with a small wave. "I'm Jennifer Tanner. I have a room booked here, I think?"

Another voice spoke up in Vern's head, Ooh, an earth accent. I'm turned on right now.

Shut up! another voice said, We're trying to focus.

Vern spoke up, "Of course, just let me check." She already had the page open, so it was a quick process to mark her arrival. "Alright. Do you have your ID, ma'am?"

"Uh-huh," Jennifer held out her driver's license. "And to save you some time, I also got my passport, my ID card, and my travel pass right here too. And yes, I have already registered my arrival to the Bureau of Public Security earlier today."

"Oh, uh, thanks." Vern took all the documents and began processing them. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Hotel policy and legal reasons and all."

"It's okay, I don't mind. I'm pretty experienced with this type of stuff. I've seen way stricter restrictions anyway."

Vern took some time to process everything.

God, why do we have to do with with every human? a voice in Vern's head said.

Just get it over with and stop complaining. Nothing we can do about it anyway, another voice said.

Vern finished up and handed the documents to Jennifer. "Alright, that's all of it, and here's your room key" Vern said as she handed a card to Jennifer. "Do you need any help getting your luggage to your room?"

"No thanks," Jennifer said. "But I do have one request."

"Yes?" Vern said.

Please ask for our number. one of Vern's inner voices said.

Quiet you, another voice said.

As long as she doesn't ask for THAT, I don't care, a third voice said.

Speaking of THAT, Jennifer pulled out her phone and started recording and asked, "Can you take your head off?"

Vern's inner voices all went crazy with at this question.

fuuuck

God, another one

Aaand that's a turn off for me

Why can't we ever get a normal human here?

"U-um, I'm sorry?" Vern said aloud. She already knew what the guest was going to say. She just said it out of habit.

"Take off your head," Jennifer repeated. "I wanna show my followers some real Modular in action. Now come on, do it."

Vern gave an internal sigh and put away her fake smile. Let's just get this overwith

Vern allowed her hands to grab both sides of her head. The pulled up and Vern's head detached from her body, severing her head's connection to it. The internal voices that were the thoughts of her collective body parts were now cut off and they were operating without her input. Her body placed their head on the desk.

"Wow! And it's only skin left covering it up," Jennifer says as she moves her phone closer to Vern's neck, recording the flat patch of skin where Vern's head was before. "I've asked like 3 other modulars already, but I still can't get used to it. This is awesome!"

Vern's head rolled her eyes. If they had eyes, the rest of her body would've rolled them too. It was the same thing with almost every human guest. Even some alien guests too. The vloggers were always the worst of them. But hotel policy said we had to entertain them. Modular detachment is one of Modu-1's biggest attractions after all.

"Can you take off anything else?" Jennifer asked.

Vern's body shrugged their shoulders. They took off both hands at the wrist and placed them on the desk on either side of the head.

"Wow! Modulars are so cool!" Jennifer said as she moved her phone to record the head and hands. "I wish humans evolved to be like this. We could, like, trade parts and stuff. And I could, like, travel to two places at once!"

Trying her best to ignore the girl's ignorant comments, Vern's head still tried to be polite while still trying to get the guest to go away for the sake of her body mates. "Ma'am, it's getting late, don't you think? Wanna take your things up before it gets too late?"

"Oh! Good point. Don't wanna miss breakfast because I was too busy unpacking, Haha." Jennifer took her bag but kept recording. "See you later headless lady." she said.

As soon as Jennifer had left, Vern's head let out a sigh of relief said "Finally." Her body reattached her hands and put her head back on, reconnecting her to her body mates.

"God I hate human tourists," Vern said aloud.

I know right! Like what's so special about detachment that we have to show YOU all the time? the voice that was Vern's left arm said.

They think we're freaks, that why they're interested. If they though we were normal then they wouldn't be as interested. her right hand said.

Still though, Vern's waist said She was kinda hot. You guys wanna ask her out? Vern's left hand pinched her butt again. OWowow I was kidding!



Meanwhile, Jennifer was waiting in the elevator and had stopped recording. She arrived at the sixth floor and made her way to her room, room 612. She went inside and took it in. Pretty standard she thought. At least by earth standards. Compared to Maidbot temp spaces it was pretty dull, but compared to Gularr hotels it was luxurious. She laid her carry-on down and began unpacking. Once she was done with the boring bit, she took out her phone again.

"Hey everyone! Me again! I just got to my hotel room, and here it is. Not the fanciest, I know, but hey it's better than whatever K'itaka station had, amiright?" she said. K'itaka station was an Illursian commercial stairbase that she visited. Needless to say, not the best experience she ever had. "Anyway, now that I'm here, I gotta start the night with..."

Jennifer would start the night with...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Hole (UN: hole111 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2267076-A-Chaotic-Galaxy/cid/3191492-Theyre-a-travel-vlogger