*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2264584-The-New-Shrinking-Girl/cid/3340765-Facing-the-music-and-the-toddler
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2264584
Heather has the power to control the size of things. How does she use her talent?
This choice: Go see mom  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Facing the music and the toddler.

    by: shadow
Heather sighed, “Come on, Rebecca; we’ve got to face the music. Besides, I’m the one she will be mad at and need to defend against Delilah.”

“I guess you’re right,” Rebecca admitted, “It never works well when we try to hide something from mom anyway.” Rebecca dropped to the floor and held her hand for Heather, “Ready to go, Dolly?”

“You’re pushing it,” Heather warned.

“Oh,” Rebecca said in her best imitation of Delilah, “Dolly’s cranky.”

“Pushing it!” Said Heather enraged.

Rebecca laughed, “Oh my God. You should see yourself right now; you look like Tinkerbell when she’s mad.”

When the sister’s reached the kitchen, they found their mother cooking breakfast. “Delilah,” Miranda smiled, “You know not to be in the kitchen when Mommy’s cooking; now, why don’t you take your dolly and find one of your sisters?”

“Guess again, mom,” Rebecca countered.

Miranda stopped cooking and stared at the tot-sized figure before her, “Rebecca?”

“Yep,” Rebecca replied before holding up Heather, “And my little dolly.”

“Hey!” Heather shouted.

“Heather?” Miranda broke into a smile. “You girls are so sweet to think of me like this. But, please return to normal.”

“That’s the problem,” Rebecca explained, “We’re kind of stuck like this.”

“Stuck?” Miranda asked. The girls explained what had happened, and Miranda groaned. “Heather,” Miranda lectured, “I’ve told you to use your powers responsibly!”

“Sorry, Mom,” Heather apologized.

“I have half a mind to give you to Delilah right now!”

“I’m sorry!” Heather repeated.

“I’m not the one you should be apologizing to.”

Heather turned to her sister, “I’m sorry, Rebecca; can you forgive me?”

“Of course,” Rebecca smiled, “But you owe me.”

“It’s a deal,” Heather agreed.

“I’m glad that’s settled,” Miranda smiled. “But we still have to devise a plan for the next few days. You girls can’t very well babysit like this.”

“Why not?” Rebecca asked.

“Rebecca,” Miranda argued, “You can’t very well control Delilah in your current state.”

“We could think of something,” Heather shot back.

“Girls,” Miranda warned, “Don’t argue with me! Maybe I could get one of your friends to babysit today, but it’ll be hard to get someone soon, so I may have to call someone else." Miranda added, “I could check if the daycare has any openings today.”

“Daycare?” Rebecca repeated, not liking what she was hearing.

“Mom,” Heather begged, “You can’t take us to daycare; those kids will rip me to shreds!”

“I might just take you to work in my purse,” Miranda suggested.

“Why does she get to stay with you?” Rebecca argued, “I’m the victim here!”

“Girls, enough!” Miranda scolded. “Rebecca set Delilah’s table for three.”

“Yes, mom,” Rebecca went to work without further complaint and set three places on Delilah’s kid’s table.

“Delilah,” Miranda called, “Please come in here.”

“Coming!” Delilah’s voice called back.

“Hide me,” Heather requested.

“Part of me wants to give you to her,” Rebecca replied.

“I’m here,” Delilah announced as she entered the room. Immediately the toddler’s eyes fell on Rebecca, “Becky?” Rebecca slowly nodded, and Delilah ran forward and gave her sister a bear hug. “Becky, me size!” Delilah cheered, “Becky, me size! Mommy, Becky, me size!”

“That’s right, Sweetie,” Miranda smiled.

“Girls!” Heather called from between her sisters, “You’re crushing me!”

As Delilah released her death hug, she looked at Heather eagerly, “Dolly!” Delilah made a reach for Heather, but Rebecca held her sister out of reach.

“No, Delilah,” Rebecca tried to explain, “Not a dolly; this is Heather.”

“Gimme!” Delilah struggled against Rebecca, “You gotta share!”

“Girls!” Miranda called, “Enough!” Miranda put three plates (one with only small scraps) on Delilah’s table, “It’s time for breakfast, and I want everyone to behave!”

“Yes, mom,” The three girls chorused (Delilah said mommy) before sitting for breakfast.

Delilah was distracted by her meal, so Heather and Rebecca had the chance to talk. “What do we do?” Heather asked while she watched Miranda talk on her phone and eat breakfast.

"Hope she can get a babysitter," Rebecca suggested, “Or maybe we convinced her that we can still watch Delilah.”

What happens next?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 shadow (UN: cartoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chaser984 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2264584-The-New-Shrinking-Girl/cid/3340765-Facing-the-music-and-the-toddler