*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2236945-The-Non-Canonical-Book-of-Masks/cid/2964038-Wait-to-use-the-mask-on-Dylan
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2236945
Includes non-canonical chapters from "The Book of Masks".
This choice: Wait to use the mask on Dylan  •  Go Back...
Chapter #12

Wait to use the mask on Dylan

    by: Seuzz
"We can get you a new mask by Saturday," Caleb says. You'd momentarily forgotten he was going to make a new one. "If you want to take the, uh, the golem now ..."

"Saturday's soon enough," Dylan says. "Besides, I have to set a few things up first." The three of you shake hands all around on the deal.

* * * * *

Friday afternoon you tell Caleb you have some errands to run, which is true enough, but you don't tell him where. You find Dylan's address online in the university computer system, and you find him at home when you get there.

He's surprised but not displeased to see you when he lets you in. It's a small apartment in a converted house: living room and kitchen all in one, with what looks like a bedroom behind another door. You'd expected the place to be spotless, and are startled to discover that Dylan is a bit of a slob.

"It's Friday, and I brought you the mask of Eva," you explain as he lets you in.

"Oh!" he exclaims. "I was just going to wait until Saturday, but ..."

"Well, you're paying for Friday and Saturday with it," you say. But it's the new mask you draw from your backpack.

He accepts it without looking at it and tosses it onto a very messy couch. "Thanks. How's the rest of it going?"

"It'll be ready by tomorrow afternoon. We'll give you a call. Um—" You scratch your ear. "Maybe it would be a good idea if you tried that mask now?"

"How come?"

"Well ... After the other day, when it turned out to be a slave ... Maybe we'd better make sure it doesn't do the same thing to you?"

He looks at it, and gives you a guarded glance. "Uh huh?"

"What I mean is, maybe you should try it on, and we'll see if you have to do what I say."

"I'm pretty sure it's just the body that is the slave, not the mask," he says crossly.

"Don't you want to make sure?"

He looks very closely at you. Without taking his eyes off you he crosses over to the couch and picks it up. The way he's holding it, either he finds it very hot or very heavy. Then he sits down and gingerly puts it to his face.

After he passes out you pull the real Eva mask from your backpack and wait for the blank to reappear. When it does, you snatch it up, shove it into your backpack, and drop the Eva mask onto Dylan's face before he can wake up.

She gives you a strange look when he comes to, and your heart jumps: Does he know what you did? "Suck my cock, Eva," you order.

"Whatever you say, Will," she says breathlessly, and leans in toward your crotch. You leap away, and she breaks out in a sneer. "Yeah, I don't think so, Prescott," she says. "Whatever you were hoping."

"I was hoping you wouldn't," you retort. "I know what you look like under that thing."

She makes a face and grabs at her much-too-tight shirt. "Then I guess it's a relief for both of us. Jesus, these things are inconvenient," she mutters as she grapples with her breasts. With an exasperated sigh she rips the mask off. "Well, all joking aside, thanks for bringing it over. I was going to stay in tonight, but now—"

"Have fun, but keep me out of the loop." You both say quick and slightly frosty goodbyes.

* * * * *

Back in the clubhouse you take a deep breath and slip the mask of Dylan on. You might be a little happier with just a memory strip of him, but it seemed safer to use a whole mask, as you could fool him into trying it on. But either way, you're about the plunge into the mind of someone you're not real fond of.

You sit up with a start after the mask takes effect. The hell are you doing here? You were just getting ready to take a shower, and then Prescott showed up with a mask. Now— Oh, right ...

You shake your head clear of the fake memories, which quickly retreat to become something like a very vivid but remembered dream. You concentrate: You don't want to do a whole lot of snooping, just enough to find out what Dylan plans to do with the golem.

Well, tonight he's gonna go out and have some drinks, maybe do some heavy flirting, get some company if he can. Tomorrow ... Oh my. So that's what he's going to try to pull.

A "chance" meeting with one of the frat guys he screwed last weekend, which should get him an entr'e into a particular house where he can snuggle up close to—and hopefully get into bed with—one of the occupants. Hardly matters which, they're all crazy-rich fucks, but Jonathan Tillman would be his first choice. Slip a blank mask onto him, and after he's asleep lift his wallet. Score a fuckload of cash from his bank account and use it to pay for the second golem and mask. Use that one to make a duplicate of himself, to take his classes and handle his job. Use the first golem to ...

Oh God, no, he's not really planning to do that, is he?

You're breathing heavily by this point. He hasn't yet decided who he might murder and replace with a golem-slave. One of those rich fucks? Someone at the health club? That gorgeous French Lit prof?

So many delectable choices. You find his excitement infectious. Too bad you can't take all of them. But Caleb and that idiot friend of his probably won't sell you a third golem. Prescott is already suspicious or something. Maybe the smart play is to use your spare golem to secure your supply by—

You shake yourself again and fight the urge to vomit. You are in such a state of shock that you can barely react when the door opens and Caleb comes in.

You have the following choices:

1. Explain everything to Caleb.

2. Pretend to be Dylan

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2236945-The-Non-Canonical-Book-of-Masks/cid/2964038-Wait-to-use-the-mask-on-Dylan