*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2176209-You-in-Video-Game-Cartoons/cid/2597398-You-stayed-in-Robo-Land
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2176209
You're in the video game-based cartoons, anime, comics, movies, and Etc!
This choice: You stayed in Robo Land.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

You stayed in Robo Land.

    by: Former182
"Princess Toadstool, As much as I would like to accept your offer, I will have to refuse. I will be staying in Robo Land," You said.

Bunsen smiled, while Toadstool frowned and asked, "Why?"

Not wanting to reveal too much about future shows, you said, "Because I don't think King Koopa will stay in the Banishment Zone for long. Bunsen, is there a way for me to create powerups for Mario, Luigi, and Toadstool?"

"Yes, but such work will take time," Bunsen answered.

"What if I had an idea of what the powerups looked like and what they could do?" You asked.

"That would streamline creation quite a bit, but it still would take time," Bunsen said.

"I do appreciate being cautious, but please reconsider my offer, Y/N," Toadstool requested.

"I can do more good here. If we prepare for his return, then we can trap him faster,. We can make the world safer," You replied.

"There is a quote from the real world I think fits. 'Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety'. Keep that in mind, Y/N," Toadstool said.

You said, "And here is another quote, 'The price of freedom is eternal vigilance'. To assume Koopa will never escape is practically taunting him!"

"Do not worry, Princess Toadstool. I and several others will make sure Y/N won't go overboard," Bunsen said as she hugged your arm.

Toadstool's hands curled into fists. She said, "See that you do, Bunsen. I will be joining Mario and Luigi in their contest."

===

For the next few months, you enjoyed life in Robo Land. You learned how to make flying motorcycles and how to ride them.

Which was weird, as trying to duplicate your smartphone kept running into all sorts of problems, like power, weight, and shape.

Bunsen proved to be an excellent assistant. She recorded any ideas that you so much as muttered and was quick to remind you to take a break and eat if you skipped a meal. If you got injured, she was quick to heal you.

As for Powerups, you managed to create the powerups from Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario world.

Then there was a security break by Koopa Troopas and you lost a large number of them.

"It happens, Y/N. At least the powerup boxes will ensure your powerups will always be there if they are needed anywhere in the world," Bunsen said, trying to cheer you up.

"Yeah... I guess. It still sucks, though." You replied. "So what's the news?"

"Remember what you said you would stay here? Well, you were right. King Koopa broke out, but not only that, he revealed he has seven kids to help him conquer the world!" Bunsen said in a worried voice.

"Can't say I didn't see that happening. So shall we send a message to Princess Toadstool that we are ready to help if she needs us?" You asked.

"I'll get right on it," Bunsen said with a salute.

"Before you do, how is the Auto-doc's progress?" You asked.

"Well, it can heal injuries and identify illnesses, but that's about it," Bunsen answered.

"What about magical illnesses and transformations?" You asked.

"They still fall under the category of illnesses. Dr. Nerdnick sped up progress for magical ailments cures the moment he heard King Koopa broke out," Bunsen answered.

"Good. Contact the princess," You replied.

Bunsen opened her heart-panel on her chest and took out a phone. "Hello, Princess Toadstool? This is Bunsen. I'm calling on behalf of Y/N to let you know we are ready to form an alliance with you if you need one."

After a few moments, she said, "Y/N, I have some news..."
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Former182 (UN: former182 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Former182 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2176209-You-in-Video-Game-Cartoons/cid/2597398-You-stayed-in-Robo-Land