*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Taking Action
  2. Breakfast Ultimatum
  3. Uma Ferro
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2171124-The-Fathouse-Five/cid/2626681-Taking-Action
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #2171124
Five ladies getting large and gaining weight in a cramped townhouse.
This choice: Uma is good at sports. Surely she could find a way to make money from that.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Taking Action

    by: Elusive Wordsmith
The breakfast reading material Uma had been left with was giving her a mild freakout. Nowhere near the crazy that could pass at the townhouse on any given day but it left the ex-athlete on edge since Audrey had given the ultimatum. Most of the classifieds didn't sound like anything she'd be able to do.

Well, yeah, there were the menial jobs like janitorial but Uma didn't want to make herself miserable like Audrey just to make her share of the rent. Others she didn't have the qualifications for, and her search for various job openings was a puzzle that got Uma into carb-loading mode.

From sports meets to test cramming, Uma had done her fair share of carb-loadings for energy. Today's was less than desirable for two reasons: the lack of quality carbs to be had at the townhouse, and the fact that this job hunt did not trigger a physical endeavor.

More of Reagan's secret toaster pastry stash had been reduced along with a bowl of stale cereal that Uma ate by hand without milk, while she waited for some frozen garlic bread to bake in the oven. Sure, it may be another sign of her mooching but if she could both find some work that wasn't horrid and would get her college bestie off her back, Uma didn't think that Audrey could complain too much.

Eventually, the lack of desirable jobs and methodology behind her search reminded Uma of her best skills. She may have a decent if average education and a lack of work experience but above all else she was good at sports. Old stuff, new stuff, didn't matter as Uma could adapt herself quickly when training. Maybe finding a job that utilized her athletic pursuits would be the fire to get her going again.

Or maybe the opportunity for an easy, carefree lifestyle with the possibility for juicy, edible perks.

With some grit and determination (and cheap buttery garlic bread) Uma soon found herself a job that catered to both.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elusive Wordsmith (UN: raccoon6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elusive Wordsmith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2171124-The-Fathouse-Five/cid/2626681-Taking-Action