*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2097521-Mystery-Heads/cid/2217065-something--Not-my-body-but-I-can-feel-somethi
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Joe
Rated: E · Interactive · Mystery · #2097521
You wake up one morning to find yourself bodiless. What will you do?
This choice: something. Not my body, but I can feel something."  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

something. Not my body, but I can feel somethi...

    by: Unknown
"It's like a sort of... pressure? Or energy? I can't really describe it well but I can definitely feel something below my neck that isn't my body." Kristi said, her eyes clenched tightly in concentration.

"Woah!" Collie and Jones said in near perfect unison, breaking Kristi's concentration.

Suddenly Kristi felt like she was falling, air whipping past her ears as her head plummeted to the plastic floor. Just before she hit the ground Collie caught her, lifting her back up to eye level. "What the hell, why'd you drop me?! I could've been seriously hurt by that!" Kristi complained, trying to catch her breath despite not having any lungs at the moment.

"I didn't drop you, you levitated right out of my hands!" Collie said, to which Jones nodded in agreement. "When you opened your eyes you stopped floating."

"No way... really?" Kristi said. She then concentrated again, this time with her eye open. After a few moments and a build up of pressure she suddenly stopped feeling Collie's hands on her face and saw that her field of view was indeed rising. Thinking some more she turned herself back towards the mirror and saw that indeed her head was suspended in the air before her. Now it was her turn to say "Woah." She then giggled as she spun herself back around to face her friends.

"What the hell kind of CIA level crap is this?" Jones wondered aloud, limbo-ing right under Kristi's floating noggin just to convince himself that this was indeed happening and he wasn't hallucinating.

"Don't tell me you honestly think they're the ones behind this." Collie said with crossed arms, not sure if her friend was joking or not.

"Well I'm sorry do you know anyone else with the kind of technology necessary to make... this!" He said, pointing to Kristi's living and levitating severed head. "Other than, like, DARPA or The Fed or..."

"Why the hell would the government be interested in decapitating some random chick that lives in a van and imbuing her with quasi magic powers?!" Collie demanded. "Look, let's just concentrate on the small picture for now alright? We'll get down to what secret service branch decided to sneak into a trailer and science up a separation ray or whatever later, for now let's just focus on what we're going to do to find her body."

"I have an idea." Kristi said. "Depending on how high I can float I could probably get a better view on the streets than any of us could on foot or in the RV, so why don't I act as our eye in the sky while you two search on foot?"

Collie scratched her head. "I dunno if that's a good idea, I mean you fell earlier when you stopped lost your concentration. What if you run into a bird or a kite or something, I mean falling five feet in the RV is one thing but from a couple stories up..."

"I'm learning quickly!" Kristi said, doing a little loop-the-loop to prove her point. "Besides people are less likely to notice me while I'm way up in the air. On the ground I'll either have to be hidden in one of your backpacks or attract a TON of attention by floating around with you guys."

"We're going to attract attention anyway, I mean eventually we're gonna have to ask SOMEONE if they've seen the headless body of a surfer chick stumbling around." Jones says. "Assuming your body hasn't been taken back to CIA headquarters for testing or whatever." Before Collie could tell him that he wasn't helping with that last comment Jones said "Wait, hang on." Jones left the restroom and began rummaging around in one of the RV's closets, emptying out half the contents onto the already cluttered floor before finding... some string and a Halloween face painting set. "Kristi, you may have been on to something earlier. If you're going to be floating way up high above the city we could paint your head up all red or green or whatever and tie some string around you so people will mistake you for a balloon."

"You're a genius!" Kristi said.

"No, you're both idiots!" Collie countered, scared for her female friend's safety and angry that her male friend was goading her on. After some argument the three finally agree to...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Joe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2097521-Mystery-Heads/cid/2217065-something--Not-my-body-but-I-can-feel-somethi