*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Yuna
  2. Final Fantasy X/X-2
  3. Choose a game
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2005649-Final-Fantasy-ENF/cid/1852943-Yuna
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2005649
The ladies of the Final Fantasy franchise find themselves subject to ENF situations.
This choice: Yuna  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Yuna

    by: faith
Yuna was born into a world of strict spirituality and perpetual death punctuated by brief periods of peace. Every decade (give or take a few years) a monstrous entity known as Sin would arise to cut a path of destruction across the face of Spira. According to the Precepts of Yevon, Sin was a punishment brought upon the world for a time of decadence and the use of forbidden machines known as Machina. Fortunately, devout adherents of Yevon known as Summoners could make a journey and gather magical entities known as Aeons to battle Sin and its minions. Yuna knew very well what the cost of this pilgrimage was. Her father, Braska, had summoned the final Aeon ten years ago, losing his own life in the process yet banishing Sin for a time in the process. Yuna had made peace with sacrificing her life for the sake of the world, ready to die to bring about even a brief peace. The companions she made on her journey were far less comfortable with the idea. Her cousin Rikku (part of a tribe of heretics who used and tinkered with the ancient Machina) and her lover Tidus (a man who claimed to be from a time before Sin had ever existed, as well as the son of her father's guardian Jecht) were especially adamant and desperate to find another path. Their pleading and questioning led eventually to the truth- Sin was the "armor" of the ghost of Yu Yevon, the founder of the corrupt faith that controlled Spira. Every cycle Yu Yevon came to possess the body of the Final Aeon that killed the previous Sin, molding it into the next Sin to rise anew. With that revelation Yuna refused to receive the Final Aeon, and killed the guardian who would provide the summoning for good measure. With a new resolve, she and her guardians confronted and defeated Sin with their own strength, breaking the cycle and ushering in the Eternal Calm. In the process, Tidus was revealed to be a memory of the Aeons, a dream given flesh that would vanish with the death of Yu Yevon.

In the wake of her victoy, Yuna abandoned the path of the summoner and took up Sphere hunting with her cousin Rikku and the mysterious woman named Paine. Their search sought to uncover the secrets of Spira long hidden by the church of Yevon. In the process Yuna hoped to find a way to restore Tidus to the world of the living or come to terms with his disappearance and find a path for herself (facing for the first time the prospect of a long life over an act of martyrdom).

In all ages Yuna is a rather shy and unassuming girl, who demonstrates a streak of mischievous fun every now and again. This sense of fun comes with a desperate edge, however. She knows that her life ends with her journey, and thus wants to have as much fun with her few remaining days as she possibly can. She has no love of making waves or standing out, making her situation very awkward as she is the High Summoner's daughter and therefore famous even before her journey begins. This shyness should not be confused with a weak will. Yuna has resigned herself to death for the sake of the world she loves, and will complete her journey no matter what. This in turn, however, does not mean she won't be mortified to find herself naked in her travels. It simply means that she will press on with or without her clothes, determined to complete her journey even at the cost of her own dignity. As a summoner she wears a fairly conservative outfit compared to many natives of Spira (especially the tropical islands and dry inner continents with their hot summers). Her preferred dress consists of a black boots, a full length skirt colored a dark blue with a series of white patterns giving the impression of star filled sky. The top of her outfit consists of a white fabric wrapped across her chest and over her shoulders. The whole ensemble is held together with a bright yellow sash tied into a large bow in back. One can speculate that this outfit works like a kimono, in which case if the sash were removed the outfit would fall to pieces.

After the events of FF10 Yuna loosens up considerably. No longer chaffing under the rigors of Yevon's teachings, Yuna is visibly more carefree and whimsical. However, she remains unassuming and relatively shy. Worth noting is that Yuna has patently refused to take up the reigns of politics despite the vacuum left by the church of Yevon. She remains uncomfortable with her new celebrity status, which has reached obsessive levels after permanently defeating Sin. Despite this, she will occasionally use her popularity to make public appearances and rally the citizens of Spira to prevent wars or simply raise morale in uncertain times. She sports a good deal more skin than before, possibly at the insistence of her cousin Rikku (who, in either FFX or FFX-2 bares the most flesh of any of the characters). Her thigh high boots remain the same, but her modest skirt has been replaced by a billowy "half-skirt" of light blue fabric that does nothing to hide her long pretty legs. Beneath it she wears a pair of short shorts that don't quite provide enough material to hide the curve of her ass cheeks. A brown leather belt with a satchel contains her items and equipment, as well as the holsters to her weapons of choice, a pair of magical pistols. All that covers her upper half is an extremely tight corset like item of white fabric exposing a generous amount of cleavage and leaving her shoulders and arms bare. Across her chest she wears a symbol in memory to her lost lover. Her hair is braided into two knots, one a hold over from her Summoner days, the other a sweeping new addition that somehow comes almost to her knees. One final note- although this is her typical "sphere hunting" apparel, she and her companions have a magical "garment grid" that allows them to change clothes and costumes at will. One wonders what might happen if the grid malfunctioned or a "dress sphere" was introduced that had not been uploaded with an outfit yet. But surely nothing like that would ever happen!

When does our story begin?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Before FFX

*Noteb*
2. During FFX

3. After FFX, during or after FFX-2

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 faith (UN: faithfulheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Phantom Pen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2005649-Final-Fantasy-ENF/cid/1852943-Yuna