*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. On the Wings of the Wind
  2. Find food
  3. Enter The Jungle
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3093840-On-the-Wings-of-the-Wind
by Doom
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1993120
You decide to shrink yourself super tiny and survive, nobody aware of your existence.
This choice: Noticing an insect that has foolishly exposed itself, a bird descends.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

On the Wings of the Wind

    by: FanOfSmall
The curvature at the tip of the grass stalk allowed ample room to take a seat to wait out the grueling amount of time this search would take.

"Needle in a god damn forest.", you mutter to yourself. Reaching into your rucksack, you pull out several feet of linear rope and begin to pass the time by tidying it into neat loops for better storage. For the next 20 minutes you sat there under the sunny sky, praying for twinkle of metal to catch your eye.

With the outlook this height revealed, you could take in the area from where you had originally shrunken down in, meaning it was very possible the shrink ray had fallen close by where you started and you had just needed to check behind a few blades of grass. But honestly, whos to say it didnt handle the sudden velocity rapid size reduction inflicts as well as you did. You couldnt recall, but if you had let go of it while in the process of shrinking, that thing could have flown miles from where you are. In a situation like that, nothing could be done but hope to get lucky and stumble across it in your travels.

As you expected, the shrink ray remained elusive. Now hitting the hour mark, you saw no point in meticulously inspecting every inch in view of such a vast jungle. With a deep sigh, you submit. Boots on the ground was your only hope for results. Groaning with fatigue, you stand up and stretch tall, popping your sleepy limbs to life again. Its in the middle of a satisfying twist to of the hips that your senses tell you shits about to go down.

An overbearing feeling of dread rushes into your being like a feeling your being followed, but amplified exponentially! You werent just being watched, something was diving at you like a spearhead from above! You quickly flip around and catch the rapidly approaching shape of a brightly colored oriole, feet out in anticipation of snatching you right off your perch!

It was useless to try and avoid it. You were too late to properly react and it was bearing down on you far too fast. The odds were poor that you would survive this, but falling off this blade of grass would kill you and pulling any clever moves with the rope in your hand was out of the question, so in the split second of time you had, you made your decision. The bird reared its wings, dipping its speed down only by a miniscule amount to allow it more accurate catch. Its left foot opened wide in a claw-like fashion and snapped forward, missing its mark as the target jumped upwards to face the brunt of the birds belly as it swooped down. You grabbed fistfuls of feathers and clung tight as the bird finished its arc and returned to the skies.

The impact thankfully didnt hurt as bad as you thought. This particular birds orange-feathered belly was plump enough to only daze you for the initial collision, but after that, if it werent for the pure fear and adrenaline, the softness would have you daydreaming. As for the bird itself, the alarm of suddenly picking up a passenger that was meant to be prey had the bird screeching in a frenzy. You clinged tighter as it sporadically changed its flight pattern, zig-zagging, loop-dee-loops, anything to shake you off.

The rucksack weighed heavily on your back the longer you hung there. If this bird didnt give up soon you would be helpless to stop your arms from giving out. A messy death would await should that happen.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 FanOfSmall (UN: fanofsmall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3093840-On-the-Wings-of-the-Wind