*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Returning to Ritchie's room.
  2. I'm A Man
  3. Ritchie's pet.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3079192-Returning-to-Ritchies-room
by Doom
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1993120
You decide to shrink yourself super tiny and survive, nobody aware of your existence.
This choice: Head back to Ritchie's room  •  Go Back...
Chapter #18

Returning to Ritchie's room.

    by: sneakyk
You just can't make up your mind about this, it seems.

You're honestly very on the fence about Ritchie. The boy did capture you as if you were some sort of unusual bug. This gradeschooler has already made it clear that he will be the one in charge here. A kid with all of the naivety, curiosity, and playfulness that comes with his age will have absolute power over your future. As long as you're with this titan of a kid your life will be one bad game away from death. The idea of consenting to being his pet sends chills down your spine. Your mind jumps to an image of the boy gulping you down, sentencing you to an agonizing death in an act of deadly dominance and looking just as innocent as ever all the while.

At the same time, Ritchie has so far shown himself to be relatively non-malicious owner. He's offered you food and shelter, and he even seems to be somewhat affectionate towards you. You almost feel bad about running away from him, and beyond that you have no idea who or what else could be lurking at his house other than the fact that he has a mother. If he has any housepet you'll likely be hunted for sport, toyed with and exterminated. If he has any siblings around his age, it's likely that you aren't going to get a gentler kid to be your caretaker. His parents? Can you really trust his mom not to turn you over to the authorities?


Wracked with indecision, you decide to make your way back into your room...or, rather, Ritchie's room. At the very least you probably shouldn't venture around the house until you've confirmed that you won't wind up impaled on a cat's claw. As you make it back into his room, you survey the surroundings.

The floor is relatively clean, aside from a few things here or there. A pair of black sneakers with little 8-bit video game characters printed onto their sides lie on the floor, close to the boy's desk. One of them is knocked over onto it side. Close to a wall, Right by a small bedside table, you notice a plastic tub overflowing with legos. normally you wouldn't be able to get up to it, but a nearby power cable for the boy's alarm clock might be able to let you climb...of course, you'd probably use the same cable to ascend up to the bedside table.
Finally, you notice an opened-up container of hotwheels cars hidden under the boy's bed...with a pink pacifier and a doll with messed up hair clumsily set down beside it. Likely the first evidence that this kid has a baby sibling , possibly a sister.

Now you know for sure you don't want to head out of Ritchie's room without an exit plan. As you contemplate your surroundings you realize you have a few options at your disposal:

-You could attempt to get Ritchie's attention from the floor and hope the boy won't be upset by your aborted escape attempt.
-You could attempt to head over to one of the hiding spots you scouted out.
-You could attempt to get off of the floor, either to return to the sock drawer or make it somewhere else.

As you contemplate your options, you begin to hear distant THUDs. Ritchie...or perhaps someone else...might be headed your way!

You have the following choices:

1. Get Ritchie's attention

*Noteb*
2. Hide somewhere on the floor

*Noteb*
3. Time to begin your ascent

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 sneakyk (UN: sneakykit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/3079192-Returning-to-Ritchies-room