*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1983560-Rental-Life/cid/1797097-His-mother
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1983560
A major medical breakthrough allows for people to rent out their life
This choice: His mother  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

His mother

    by: AlNagaTheDreaded
"Her name is Taylor O'Connell"

"Her?!" Dan asked in a terrified tone. As he glanced down he saw the body of
Himself? He said in surprise. They hadn't switched him at all!

"Sorry, I messed up the joke. I get Taylor O'Connell and Taylor Swift mixed up. It must because it was so confusing when they got married a year ago. Actually, this Taylor is a woman too... Anyways, your mother is calling you." The Newlife Doctor told him.

"What!" Dan asked in surprise. "Whoa, I was about to get a woman's body?" he said in quiet shock.

As Dan sat in the pod, a nurse held up a tablet with his Mom, also sitting in a pod in the screen. "Dan, I was told by my nurse there was a boy by the name of Dan Anderson and he looked just like me. I knew it was your handsome face.", his Mother beamed. "Hello, mother" Dan said as he looked at the screen. Only to his mother would he look handsome. Ever since he was little people pointed out that he and his mother looked a lot a like. As he grew older, the resemblance grew much stronger. It was like his mother was him dressed in drag but no acne, a slightly higher voice, and if he was totally out of mind insane.

"Mom! What are you doing here?" Dan asked her in roused surprise. "I was given a special offer by a friend to try out Newlife." his mother replied. "Special Offer? What special offer?", Dan asked. "A friend of mine is a Double Platinum NewLife Member, she can invite a guest to try it out as a gift. I was going to tell you about it, but you said you already signed up!" his mother explained. "So why did you need to talk to me about it?" Dan said curiously. "Dan, your Grandmother can't watch over the house. Can you arrange that the Doctors put you in someone's body near our house so you can watch it!" his Mother asked. "Can't you ask your crazy ex-boyfriend!" Dan spat back as his eyes rolled in disbelief. "I dumped him. He was stealing from me. That's why I need someone to watch the house", Dan's mother told him. "But Mom! I about to experience New Life, I already chose somebody.", Dan said in desperation. He still remembered the Doctor had told him he had chosen a woman, but anybody's body sounded fine to him as long as he didn't have to put up with his mother.

"So chose somebody else, near our house! You can do that, can't you?" She asked him. Dan's mother always drove him freakin' insane. She always pushed his buttons till she got her way. It was the main reason why he was such a loser in life, he felt. His mom always wasted the family's finances chasing this guy and that guy since she divorced dad. And she never got a promotion at her job at the local library because she was always late and scatter brained. She only kept the job because a friend from High School arranged that job for her because she knew she needed it. Dan learned to work hard, because if he didn't, there was never any money to buy anything for himself. His mother always was tapped out. When he heard of NewLife he worked diligently to make the money for the club's entrance fee, as more than anything else, he wanted to get away from his mother's insanity. Now it seems she followed him even here.

"I'll see what they can do.", Dan lied to placate his mother. After the tablet was taken away, the Doctor said, "Your mother knows Declaray Maree(Deh-Clar-Ray Mar-Ree)?" "She was my mother's friend in High School", Dan replied. "She's our best customer!" The Doctor declared. "Yeah, global real estate agent. Owns properties around the planet. Uses New Life to visit all of them because she gets there faster than any other form of travel.", Dan spoke. "Well, she just took your Taylor O'Connell reservation." The Doctor told him. "What! Doc! You gotta get me out of this!" Dan said, feeling the noose was tightening around his neck. "I think I have an idea that will make everyone happy" The Doctor assured him. "Great! Hook me up, Doc!" he told him

When Dan awakened he had the body of...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 AlNagaTheDreaded (UN: alnaga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Head Swapper has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1983560-Rental-Life/cid/1797097-His-mother