*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1974478-The-Transplant/cid/2151269-Lisa-Tabithas-best-friend
by Wassel
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #1974478
Experimental brain transplant surgery saves either your life, or someone very close.
This choice: "...Lisa?" (Tabitha's best friend).  •  Go Back...
Chapter #14

"...Lisa?" (Tabitha's best friend).

    by: Wassel
"...Lisa? They seemed to spend an awfully long time in her room."

"I dunno," Tabitha shrugged. Chiming in now that her best friend had been mentioned. "She seemed just fine to me."

Your little sister having brought Lisa along to the game in an effort to keep herself entertained, due to not being much of a sports fan. The two of them having spent the entirety of it huddled together in a world of their own. Tittering away about God knows what. Sparkling vampires and which boy band member was the cutest no doubt. Seeing how Tabitha had just turned 13 the month before and Lisa was still only 12. Their pubescent conversations usually being pretty damn lame. The perfect ammunition for your own best friend, Randall (who you'd also brought along). Constantly making fun of them and tossing the odd paper cup at both their heads. If only to attract Lisa's attention. Seeing how, much to your annoyance, the small, frizzy haired, bespectacled girl had seemingly developed somewhat of a crush on you. This amusing your best friend no end and had led to an incessant amount of teasing.

This in itself who'd be bad enough, if not for the fact that along with this supposed crush, the once rather timid Lisa had become a lot less shy. Continually making doughy eyes at you from behind her thick frames or asking you inane questions just so that she had an excuse to hang around. Questions that you'd rather not have to deal with to be honest. Lisa being nice enough in small doses you supposed (if super excitable and ridiculously naive), but she was also 12. Having no interest whatsoever in your little sister's geeky, freckle covered friend. Hence why, despite Randall's best efforts, you'd spent the entirety of the football game ignoring her. Not that it really did much good. She was smitten it seemed and there was nothing you could do or say to convince her otherwise. Not having the heart to (as Randall had previously advised) tell her to "fuck off". That not being in your nature.

Still, you were glad she was alright. As with everyone else. It was just weird that the doctors spent all that extra time with her for no discernible reason. Lisa seeming to have had no idea why they'd taken so long herself.

"Anyway. No point dwelling on it now," your father told you all. Placing his arm around your mother's shoulder as he did. "I'm just happy that everyone made it out okay. It could have been a lot worse." Echoing your own sentiments back in the hospital bathroom. "Lets just be thankful we're all still in one piece. Lisa and Randall too."

Your best friend having in fact, already started making jokes before you'd even been discharged. Thinking it actually pretty cool that you'd survived a car crash and looking forward to the sympathy it was gonna bring with girls. Much to his dad and his uber-religious step mom's disapproval. The both of them making it clear that a car accident was no laughing matter. Having nowhere near the same sense of humor that your friend did. If any at all.

"Though I suppose this means that we're going to have to start looking into buying another car," your father continued with a sigh. Not sounding too happy about this extra expense as the conversation soon drifted onto other things. The fact that something slightly peculiar had gone on between the doctors and your little sister's best friend being filed away as 'just one of those things'. Along with that partial conversation you yourself had overheard earlier about... What was it again? ...A brain transplant or something? Chuckling at how ridiculous this sounded.

You have the following choices:

1. Lisa as Casey Becker, the babe across the street.

*Noteb*
2. Someone else.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Wassel (UN: wassel29 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wassel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1974478-The-Transplant/cid/2151269-Lisa-Tabithas-best-friend