*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1965244-How-I-got-my-super-powers/cid/1873654-Billy-tests-his-strength-in-the-school-gym
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1965244
A socially inept young man or woman gets impressive powers.
This choice: Billy tests his strength in the school gym  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Billy tests his strength in the school gym

    by: scriptboy
Normally, Billy would never go to the weight room on campus, but this time he went anyway just because Logan insisted he come along with him. They walked up to the building and walked in, scanning their ID’s as they entered through the door. Once inside, they went to the locker room where they changed.

Logan looked at Billy and noticed that Billy had appeared to have gained even more muscle. His shoulders looked even broader than before and his chest seemed even bigger.

“Dude! Are you getting stronger on me?” he whispered. “You’re already freaking strong as it is!”

“I dunno…” Billy shrugged.

“Alright…”Logan sighed. “Let’s try and see how much you can lift and what your maximum is”

They walked back into the weight room and they went right up to the bench press. Logan pointed at the bench and Billy quietly laid down on his back. Logan loaded about 100 pounds of weights and then he ordered Billy to lift the bar while Logan stood behind the bar and spotted him.

Billy grabbed hold of the bar with his hands and he easily lifted the bar off the rack, lowering it down to his chest before raising it as far as he could, extending his arms all the way. It seemed like the bar was too light for him. After three reps, Logan asked him to place the bar on the rack.

Logan added two plates of 100 pounds each to the bar, thinking this would give Billy a challenge. Then, he walked back to the rack and told Billy to lift the bar and give him a few reps. The bar now weighed about 300 pounds.

Again, Billy lifted the bar off the rack with eased, almost as if the additional 200 pounds didn’t make any difference to him. He lowered the bar to his chest and then he raised it up as far as he could go, flexing his arms and his chest. In fact, Billy didn’t even seem to be straining!

Billy cranked out 3… 4… 5 reps and it seemed like he could just keep on going without even getting tired.

“Okay dude… Stop! Put it back. That was 300 pounds!” Logan said.

Billy obeyed and returned the bar to the rack. He didn’t even break out in a sweat.

“Time to make this a little more challenging…” Logan sighed, as he pulled two more 100-pound plates from the steel rack on the floor. He added another 200 pounds to Billy’s bar, realizing that he was going to ask his roommate to lift 500 pounds now.

“Okay, bro… Try to lift that!”

Billy raised up his arms… His muscular arms… Did his arms suddenly seem… bigger?

Billy grabbed the bar and gently pulled it off the rack. His breathing remained the same, and he remained just as calm and quiet. It didn’t seem to require any extra effort on his part. Then, he lowered the bar and raised it up again. He didn’t groan or moan or anything.

“Oh come on… don’t tell me that’s not any heavier to you!” Logan grumbled. “You’re lifting 500 pounds!”

“No big deal…” Billy grinned, as he raised and lowered the bar, cranking out one rep after another.

Logan decided to remain quiet. He let Billy do a few reps until he got tired.

So, Billy did 3 reps… 4… 5… 6… This was getting crazy… 8… 9… 10… Logan couldn’t believe what he was seeing… 14… 15… 16… Logan gasped out loud… 19… 20… 21…

“This is impossible! You’re lifting 500 pounds and you’ve done over 21 reps?” Logan exclaimed.

“Umm…” Billy said calmly. “Do I need to keep on going?”

He did rep number 27… 28… 29…

“That’s enough! Stop!” Logan shouted.

Billy set the bar back on the rack after he had completed rep number 30. Logan was completely astonished!

Logan just stared at the bar for a minute. He was looking at 500 pound of steel! And Billy was casually lifting it like it was cardboard!

“Okay! No way he can lift THIS!”

Logan finally added two more 100-pound plates. The bar now held 700 pounds of steel.

“Okay, Billy. Try lifting the bar NOW!”

Billy placed his hands on the bar and casually lifted the bar off the rack, just like all the other times before. He lowered the bar and raised it up again, like it was nothing. To Billy, it seemed like he was lifting a piece of paper.

“No, no, no! Something weird is going on here!” Logan shouted. “Put it back on the rack!”

Billy quietly obeyed and re-racked the 700-pound bar with weights.

“Get up!”

Billy stood up and walked away from the weight bench. Then Logan quickly got on his back and laid down on the bench.

Logan wrapped his fingers around the bar, he gritted his teeth and concentrated. Then he tensed his muscles and gave it all he got. All he wanted to do is just lift the bar off the rack.

“Uhhh…. RRRRRAAAAAAARRRHHHHHHH!!!!!” Logan roared out loud, causing his arms and the bar to tremble slightly. He managed to raise the bar up by just an INCH before he had to let the bar drop back on the rack. He just couldn’t do it. He couldn’t lift 700 pounds. He didn’t have the strength to lift that.

Then Logan hopped off the bench and stared at Billy, who was giving him his usual shy glance. Logan was panting and sweating already from his brief, failed effort.

“I… I… I can’t… I can’t lift… that much… weight… Billy” he said while gasping for air. “You’re… just… way stronger… than me… and… everybody else!”

Billy just stared at him in silence when it started to hit him how strong he was.

“I-I-I’m scared…” Billy whispered.

“Don’t worry. I’ll help you, dude!” Logan said calmly. “Come on, let’s take a shower and go to class!”

The two students returned to the locker room where they showered before they headed back to campus for their afternoon calculus class which they had together.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
wisdomwish has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1965244-How-I-got-my-super-powers/cid/1873654-Billy-tests-his-strength-in-the-school-gym