*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1939524-Owned-by-Dolls-or-mannequins/cid/1649826-A-berserk-house-in-love
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Other · #1939524
what if dolls, mannequins and gynoids decided they were going to 'play' with their owners?
This choice: A berserk house in love!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

A berserk house in love!

    by: Former182
You were glad you were in a peaceful era. Technology gave everyone enough food. a lot of entertainment, and allowed all to pursue anything they wanted.

You were a programmer that had a lot of success. A.I. was your battlefield and your knowledge was your weapon. You were skilled enough that you had a home that was a big as a mansion and every room either had a lot of tech in sight or had a lot of tech hidden just out of sight.

Your home was controlled by the D-2000 Super Computer. On one hand it was an outdated computer from several centuries ago. On the other hand, only you could reliably re-program it, since a lot of the programming tricks for it were almost forgotten by the public at large. On the other hand, you upgraded it a lot to the point that it could outdo a lot of modern computers. So you decided to give it a female voice and called it Dee-Dee.

For the most part, you used it to control just about everything in your home. Doors, windows, security devices... and the mannequin maids. Yes, you fixed up some mannequins to be your maids. Mannequins were fairly simple robots used to model clothing. You managed to get quite a number of them that were going to be disposed/recycled.

The mannequins did fall a little bit into the uncanny valley like most of the mannequins in the late 20th century. You thought about upgrading them so they could open their mouths to speak, but you kept putting it off.

How does Dee-Dee gain sentience?

Was it Lightning? It's a classic story element. If this was how Dee-Dee came to life, then there might be no way to stop her except by taking her apart.

Was it a virus? Also a bit of a classic. But you might be able to reason with her, since you are pretty much the reason that she is still working.

Or was it something else? A faulty upgrade that you made? A scheme by a angry co-worker that wanted you out of the way by embarrassing means? A unhinged ex-girlfriend that either wanted you to deal with an amorous computer as revenge or did she somehow merge with the computer?

You have the following choices:

1. Lightning struck the house. A classic

*Noteb*
2. Virus brings sentience to a computer

*Noteb*
3. something else happens.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Former182 (UN: former182 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Former182 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1939524-Owned-by-Dolls-or-mannequins/cid/1649826-A-berserk-house-in-love